Is it possible to stretch a pair of denim jeans?

I need help getting into a pair I bought at this thrift store a while back, I can fit into the jeans just fine but I can't zip them up. Is it possible to stretch that area in any way?

Thanks to all who answered :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's very possible. take them out of the dryer when they are still wet and hang them over something and it'll stretch them out a little

What Guys Said 2

• Not really. People many times soak them and wear them damp. If they are really tight this may help them fibers arrange better to your contours temporarily, but once they are washed they will basically return to how they started. Over a long period of time and many washes, fibers will break and the jeans will become more relaxed and soft. It takes a long time though. It's best to buy jeans that fit you right in the beginning. Then in time they will turn into great jeans.

• Jeans stretch when you wear them... if you can't even zip them up though I think it's a lost cause until you lose an inch or two.

• Losing weight isn't an option..I just need to figure out how to get the zipper up.

• ...buy a bigger size...

What Girls Said 2

• If you can't zip them up then the only way to wear them would be to loose weight. Jeans stretch when you wear them around but if you can't zip them up then they aren't secured enough to even stretch on you.

• The thing is they're high waisted jeans, they hit right underneath my ribcage..I weigh around 120 and I'm 5'4 so losing weight would be too dramatic :/

• you could let them out. take them to a seamstress