Dyed red hair? Maintenance?

I'm going to be dying my hair dark red this weekend, and I did a test strip the other day and it looks really good, but my one question is.. how do stop the hair color fading too fast? I bought dark red copper, so it has an orange tint to it but I don't want to go ginger in like two weeks from fading. Any ways to keep the 'red' color strong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Non color fading shampoo, but red is the color that fades the most no matter what you do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• definitely get shampoos that help with fading. I think I also remember not washing my hair with hot water, more on the cool side.

• I've found that if I buy sulfate free shampoos that are meant to keep your color in your hair...that helps a lot. Basically though, your best defense is a good color shampoo and conditioner.

• You can buy special shampoos and conditioners to lock in color and keep it for longer and all that sh*t (; link