Do guys ever like girls who aren't "classically beautiful"?

I don't have a lot of the characteristics that are normally considered beautiful like long, straight hair and dark skin and long legs. I am fairly short and I have long hair, but it is dark, thick, and curly. It is pretty, but I feel like not in the same way. I have pale skin, a little nose, and big blue eyes. I sort of have an hourglass shaped body. I feel like I am pretty, just not in the right way.

I feel like every time I like a guy, he is more into the other type of girl. I am not shy and I like to talk, but I also like to listen and I know how to balance it. I feel like I never really get the kind of attention that I want. Of course there are plenty of guys who would like to have sex with me, but I am not comfortable with that, so it doesn't matter much to me. I am interesting and as successful as I can be, given my situation. I just don't have any guys liking me.

The only date I have been on in the past year and a half was a blind date and I am fairly certain the guy was disappointed.

I just feel like guys aren't interested in girls like me, even though I am pretty, smart, and interesting, it seems like they want something else in a girlfriend.

So if guys like girls like me, why haven't I ever had any luck?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I hear "classically beautiful," I always imagine people like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, and 50's pin up type of girls. What are you thinking of?

• tall, tan, perfect hair and skin. Lots of times they are blonde.

• Perfect hair and skin was achieved by the use of professionals. I hear tall and short women complaining about height. Tan is a fairly new obsession, so I personally wouldn't lump that in. You're description sounds more like a standard model than anything else. I think a classic beauty has a certain style about her rather than a certain look, but everyone has their own view of it, I guess.

Anyway, none of that really matters. If you're pretty, that will get them to come in. The rest will keep

• them. As to why you aren't getting more attention, I couldn't tell you. I just don't believe it has anything to do with you being or not being classically beautiful.

What Guys Said 3

• The old cliché is, "looks aren't everything" so there are other factors that weigh into this.

It's not necessarily your fault but I don't know. But strangely enough some people are single when they don't want to be. It bites.

• In theory I do like such girls.

However, I never met any.

• Everyone feels like that at some point in time- you just haven't met the right guy

• I don;t think I will ever meet the right guy.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think guys are that picky. Beautiful is beautiful.

• of course they do. guys have different preferences and anyway, since when are only tall girls with dark skin and straight long hair beautiful?

• everyone has different attraction and different preferences.

• yes. beauty comes in many forms.

• No, guys never do.

That's why curly hair, dark skin, brown eyes, and fat girls manage to continue to exist. It just so happens those characteristics.

Come on. Let's not blame not being a classic beauty on being single