Have you ever become attracted to somebody because of the way they smell?

I have a crush on somebody who has a real thing for chocolate .so I try and wear something with vanilla notes around him . It actually seems to work !

So what about you ? Do certain smells make you more attracted ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think smell is a huge part of attraction, but something we never think about. Pheromones play an importand role in attraction, although we can't consciously notice them, our brains do pick up on them subconsciously.

Vanilla is a great scent to wear for a woman. Not only because this person likes chocolate, but because all men are subconsciously attracted to the scent of vanilla. Women are subconsciously attracted to musk. Men naturally excreet a light musky smell and women naturally excreet a light, sweet, vanilla-like smell.

The most important thing to remember when wearing a scent is not to put too much on. The idea of wearing a scent is that it makes the person want to get close to you. If you wear too much, and they can smell it from a mile away then there is no reason for them to want to get close to you. If you wear it lightly, and they brush past you and get a whiff of the scent and like it, then they are going to want to brush past you again, or get close enough so they can smell it again.

What Guys Said 9

• Not just because of that, but some people do have a very pleasant natural odor, without perfume or any other chemical help..my wife does!

• Personally I don't think anything smells nicer than the smell of fresh sweat on somebody you're attracted to ( I do mean fresh ) . I try to save my sweat sniffing for home 'tho and wear a bit of perfume for going about my daily business :D I don't think everybody would like my natural smell !

• The way a woman's hair smells gets me every time...albeit once so far, but, hey, I'm a gentleman. :D

More flowery or berry smells tend to work as well, especially hand lotions or creams.

• Yes, scientifically, people are often attracted to others due to smell.

• Not really. I never really pick up on the way people smell unless they let me get close to them frequently.

• Only when they were eating chocolate or garlic.

• lol that's pretty funny He loves chocolate so you went with vanilla. But your right vanilla is one of the best attractants.

• Nooooooooooo. Just who they are. Not what they smell like.

• No, I start associating the smell of women I like after we're together with good things.

• Any laundry detergent or shampoo scent on a woman is what turns me on.

What Girls Said 10

• Actually that's a proven thing. People tend to be attracted to someone because of how they smell. I don't remember the smells but I know guys seem to be attracted to lavender and vanilla unconsciously meaning the scents cause attraction but they aren't aware of it doing that.

• When guys wear Polo Black, I lose my mind. Ha! It smells so good! I was at my gay friends house the other day and he was wearing some. I wanted him to not be gay anymore. :p

If I'm ever walking down the street and pass someone who smells like Polo Black, they've definitely got my attention. So, yeah, in my case, the way you smell helps! It's no defining factor, but definitely helps. :D

• Oh yes...

Dunno what it was, but my ex's natural smell was so attractive to me.. it was indescribable but irrestiable...

• I love a guy who has a faint but at the same time strong smell. I think the name of it is Ax or something? But this doesn't make me like them, just attracted. For me to like a guy, as long as they don't smell bad along with some other stuff, I'm fine

• I like guys that smell like bounce or freshly washed clothes or no strong scent at all. There's nothing worse then having to be near someone wearing way too much cologne or perfume, even if it smells good.

• yup :P

• well, when a guy walks by, wearing 'Axe Chocolate' he's definitely got my attention. :)and yes, I'd become attracted to a guy from his smell. I think some people are the same way. others aren't. it really just depends on the person.

• No. I mean it certainly helps but it's not the only thing that would make me attrcted to someone

• lol no. but try it.

• i love cologne on men so whenever a guy walks by me and he's wearing some light cologne it makes me melt