How to stop being vain?

i used to never be the most confident person but since I got into high school I've gotten lot of compliments on my dress and looks. people tell me I look like a hispanc barbie, I get stared at alot, a compliment like everyday, and called hot and pretty all the time. its bad how ilet these compliment get to my head and I am vein now. its sounds weird but I love my looks and I'm cocky.

I'm still nice to people and I don't judge. but being vein caused me to see other people flaws and ifeel like I'm way too good for any guy who likes me. beng vein is so addictive and is kind of a curse and a sin.

how should I stop being vein? I need help!

just for a update, I am a good student I care a lot about my grades. and I'm nice, I'm not bitch, promis I'm not one to gossip.

Most Helpful Guy

• its vain. which leads me to believe there might be another side to that "Hispanic barbie," like maybe you are pretty and plastic... but if you are anything like me, then you know when you cut open the head of a Barbie the head is empty.

Beauty is two things... skin deep and fleeting. You have it now, but you won't have it 10 or 20 or 30 years from now. Try and find some substance in your self. Right now all I think I see is an empty shell that I would totally pump drinks into so I could hopefully bring you home. But I wouldn't call back.

What Guys Said 5

• There's nothing wrong with loving how you look. Just don't ask for compliments or take countless pics of yourself and post them on Facebook haha

• How to stop being vein (sic) - lower your blood pressure.

• hahaha! yess! I noticed that too and thought wait that's not right...

• LOL the homynym that was intended was vain.

• Thats why its in the health section. I was wondering what vein she was being, if it was a pulmonary vein or a mere leg vein. I sure as hell wouldn't want her to be my vein, she might up and not accept blood because its not perfect enough. lol

• Vanity is a horrible flaw, probably the ugliest of traits, and I won't go near a girl who is vanity ridden.

There, just think about that :)

• You should just be happy that you get so much attention from boys / men. But vanity is something, I will never tolerate in a girl. Most likely, such people remain alone.

• Realize that no matter how hot you are there will always be someone hotter.

What Girls Said 4

• You seem to be placing too much value on people's appearance. Remind yourself every time you think a vain or proud thought that other people are worth just as much as you are. Beauty doesn't make you more valuable than any one else. Delight in the uniqueness of others rather than focusing on yourself. Its hard to change. good luck! :)

• I think you should just enjoy your new found confidence. YOu went from being insecure to now you're cocky...I think time will level you out and you'll have a normal level of self esteem

• There is no way you can say you don't judge yet say you think you are too good for any guy who likes you. I do think you need not worry so much about your looks and focus more on your education, looks fade but smarts does not. Look more at the quality, a guy can offer and not on what he wears or can afford and it will take you much further in life.

• It's okay to love yourself, and I understand that it may be hard when you are constantly being thrown compliments. Especially when you never used to be that confident, but if a lot of people are throwing the compliments at you, you know they are probably true. I mean if a lot of different people tell you you are pretty all the time, you probably are.

You can't stop being vain. Some people care more about their looks than others. I am pretty vain too.

But you should stop judging other people so much. Remember you are just human like everyone else. There will always be someone prettier, smarter, with more ability, and there will always be someone uglier, dumber, with less ability.

Be nice to people. Smile at them, show a genuine interest in them. Develop yourself. Be smart, be a good student, get involved with things. If all guys see is looks, they'll just want sex.

And appreciate your looks while you have them. Part of beauty is youth. Even the most gorgeous woman isn't so desirable and hot to most men once she hits somewhere between 35 and 50, depending on how well she ages and keeps herself and all. And the men in their 40s and 50s just love focusing on those 20 year old babes, even if you were prettier at 20 you can't compete with them when you are middle-aged already. Realize it won't last forever and you don't just want to be with someone who wants a "barbie".

• At the update...well you just have to stop holding people to such high standards. First of all, you have to learn that there is a lot more to a guy than his looks. In my opinion, no girl should really want a drop dead gorgeous guy. Not trying to generalize, but the really hot guys I've seen aren't the best. The real winners are the ones who are at least average looking but not "bam I'm hot" with a great personality, sense of humor, and intelligence. You don't need a gorgeous man.