If your average looking, aren't you just as well off as an ugly person?

Both ugly men and average men get no attention from girls, so it makes sense. You'll only get attention if you are 8 to 10.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fair to the question asker, he is under-18, and I think what he says is quite often true in high school. It's definitely not the case though, once girls start to grow up a bit.

After that, it's as the Anonymous User described - most women have a (low) minimum requirement for physical attractiveness, and (low) minimum requirement for achievement (must have a decent job and a car, must not live with parents, etc), and as long as you meet those requirements, it's your personality that sets you apart from all the other guys, and makes her want to date you.

What Girls Said 8

• Firstly how good looking you rate yourself is self defining. Just because you think you're like 3 doesn't mean you are. I mean who the heck even decides these things? Society? So who cares. Just take care of yourself and your appearance and you'll go far.

• Someone's bitter.

But one person's ugly is another person's average is another person's hot.

Every girl has different types. Beauty is completely subjective.

• But there are guys/girls that most people find very attractive.

• Yeah there are - but that doesn't mean they're the only guys out there getting attention from girls. They might be getting *more* attention than others but they're not the only ones getting it.

• I go for average looking men. So there!

• Is it because you are average?

• Whats the point of targeting average looking guys then, when you can get above average ones?

• Because they adore me? I don't know haha

• No, guys who are average do get girls. There are girls who choose over personality over looks, it's also about the confidence that you have because if you're average looking and have lots of confidence, girls will find that attractive. Everyone's different,

• I agree with the guys. You should just start hitting on girls! to me looks don't really matter, personality is much more important :D

• you need to learn looks aren't everything

• No, unless you re really shallow I think for most people there's a threshold/minimum beauty requirement for someone to b attractive to them... which usually isn't that high, symmetrical features, healthy weight, hair and skin etc, after which looks cease to matter that much and personality and everything else comes into play.

So if you re not getting any, maybe you should look at your personality instead of blaming it all on looks.

• I'm very picky so have only been with two guys ever one of them is now my husband to be.My friends always used to tell me I was too picky though and they did give a lot of attention to average looking guys.I would say everybody is different and average guys definitely get more girls than ugly guys

What Guys Said 9

• "Who is he to define rather someone is ugly, beautiful, average...since we all come from the same origin"

• If you're waiting for girls to hit on you, sure. I think you need to be a 9 or 10 for that.

But once you start hitting on girls, your success rate as a 5 or 6 is quite different from the success rate of a 2, and not that different from a 7 or 8.

So instead of whining that you're not so naturally gorgeous that women fight over you, start hitting on girls you moron.

You know, like I didn't (enough) at your age, because I was also a moron.

• I've had about 6 girls hit on me in the past year or so from my school.

• Then you must be pretty damn good looking. Enjoy :p

• Really? I see unattractive guys with hot girls all the time. I consider myself to be average and I've had plenty of girlfriends/attention from women.

Women go for personality not really looks

• This is not true. As a matter of fact most of the world's populace is made up of ( how clever ) average people and many of those average people go on to procreate so ...

• I know what you mean. It's a cruel world.

• Well, a lot of good looking guys go for average looking girls every now and then. Average looking girls get a great deal of attention too. But if you're an average looking guy, there's almost no chance to get an attention from both good looking girls or average looking girls unless you're rich. And if you're a rich guy, no matter how hot or ugly you are you'll get tons of attention from women.

• I seldom judge people by their body looks. Some of the hottest persons are the women whose attitudes/accomplishments/values I feel for!

If I wanted some relief or wanted to masturbate, I would go for (the image of) a woman who's "beautiful" by mainstream norms. But I doubt I would be able to survive with such a person on a long-term basis, in real life. They're just so demanding that it becomes very tiring! I don't want to be a slave of beauty anyway!

• yea it does make perfect sense lol

• being ugly, and being beautiful are mindsets...there is NO SUCH THING..and people who tell you you're ugly, are insecure themselves..again, if you think you're ugly, you're gonna be ugly. if you think you're beautiful, you'll be beautiful..in our case handsome..

people will be people..be you!