Are alternative colored clothes premature?

Such as kelly green, royal blue, yellow and red, I have quite a few t-shirts that are these colors but I never wear them because it makes me feel I like I'm dressing too young

Most Helpful Guy

• I love all these colors you just mentioned. But although I am young myself I don't think its about looking young or not. Many very old people pull of the brightest of colors and vice versa.

Its more about choice, in terms of what you prefer and find more appropriate. For instance, saying that its undesirable to wear bright orange or yellow at work sounds reasonable, because it won't sink in with the subtle pastel shades that work in offices. But you can perfectly pull off the craziest button down shirts at beaches and casual events etc.

So basically, I suggest you to dress appropriate. That should be your primary concern and it means that yes, if you feel awkward wearing colors that don't seem right on certain events, don't wear them. Also, You don't have to wear any color you don't want to. You may or may not want to develop a specific palette of colors in your wardrobe. I usually have bright colors of blacks and whites, no pale/rust/pastel/lights. And I can hence manage casual, formal and semi formal events.

• thats why they all look brand new I don't go to those events enough, they're like the shirts I can see myself wearing to Warped Tour but not walking down The Stip

What Girls Said 3

• colors have nothing to do with maturity

• Not in my opinion.Just shows the guy is happy to me...Its way easier to wear neutral colors...

Just don't match them with caps, cargo shorts and socks to your knees ...

Use solid bold colors with jeans and you will look great.

• they're fun and bright

What Guys Said 2

• i think I don't give a damn. What determines your maturity should be attitude, not fashion.

• well I'm 26 and if someone saw me at first glance in my green DC shirt they might give me the respect of a teenager

• if that person had ANY morals, theyd respect you as a person and not by the t-shirt your wearing. If they feel different, then it's them whos immature and judgemental.

• Why not mix it up, then? Bright color t shirt + dark, traditional blazer or whatever?

• yeah I don't mind wearing them under a zip up hoodie and I can only wish I was of the stature to wear a blazer accomplishment wise