Dress for ball? yes or no?

is padme's veranda nightgown ( the lavender/blue one with the folds at the back) a good dress to wear to a ball?

it looks like this;

back - link

front - link

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually like the dress for a ball. I have been to a couple of them and I noticed that some women can carry it off and some can't. A lot has to do with 1) the way you wear your hair, 2) the right jewelry and 3) makeup. When you try the dress on, wear natural makeup, put your hair up and bring some jewelry and your shoes. For some reaso,n things things seem to make a mega-difference.

What Guys Said 2

• No

• It looks like she's "buried" from the back view. Probably better, if you're taller.

By the way, kudos to being a "Star Wars" fan.

• what do you mean 'buried'? uh yeah I might not be tall enough then, I'm only 5'3.

• she's 5'4 I think

• Then how was she able to pull it off, if she's only one inch taller than you?

What Girls Said 10

• sure. I feel like that's not a dress everyone can pull off, but if you can, go for it.

• LOL...reminds me of a fairy princess.

Yes,it is good for a "classic" ball.

• I love it! It's so pretty and unusual :D

• it's beautiful [:

• Not a traditional ball gown, and a bit too gaudy for me. That isn't to say that it wouldn't work for you.

• Not everyone could pull it off. Be sure to go toooo classic, mix it up! you'll look gorge =)

• I'm gonna try it on before deciding on it, ha ha any tips on how to mix it up?

• Well for instance, if you have long hair like the "back" picture link, don't wear it down or with that many perfect curls. Put it up, and stay on the natural side for makeup (or if you want to add a little "umph, wear pop colored lips =). I would suggest to wear heels but not your super girlie barbie shoes, subtle classy ones. have funn and update to tell me what you chose :)

• Thanks, yeah I was going to keep natural makeup c: ha ha I'll update after wards

• it's beautiful

• it's a nightgown. you wear it to BED. not to a ball...

• I think that it would be lovely.

• looks gorgeous!