What do you think of ugly people?

I was talking to my mother and I told her there is no such thing as an ugly person, that person in particular is just not pleasing to your eye.

Does anybody agree. Some of my friends will be like ew their ugly and I look at them like their crazy and their like what their ugly. I'm a really nice person and I don't judge people. What are your feeling?

Also I dropped those friends. :)

Messed up What do you think of the Term Ugly. " Not just people"

Sorry :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I truly believe physical attraction is subjective, but there is such thing as ugly and beautiful. It's all about who's eyes your're looking through.

What Guys Said 7

• Some people are ugly. I feel sorry for them because it's going to take their personality or income to attract mates. Then, there are ugly people with a poor attitude. That's just a recipe for loneliness. Life is easier for attractive people.

• You're getting mighty personal since I'm ugly. Actually I hate myself but there seems little I can do about my looks.

• You're married though so obviously someone disagrees :P

• I'm nice to her and I love her. So she overlooks my lack of looks.

• There is no such thing as ugly or beautiful, both of those concepts are found within everything its just that not everyone can find them both because we have biases socially created to be more likely to perceive one thing or another as either beautiful or ugly but an object is an object and what it is, in the eye of the beholder but with an open and contemplative mind set I promise you will be able to see corrosion in what people most praise and luster in that most hated

• There are no "Ugly people" someone may be ugly to you but the best looking to another.

• I can agree, I can find almost any girl and be attracted to her

• Terms such as ugly, beautiful, pretty, hot, sexy, and any others I can't think of right now are a state of being, not a reality. If you feel it, then you're it. No-one can tell you what you are and if they try to, they are insecure themselves/jealous

• I think of the work ugly as undesirable, unattractive looking, gross.

It sucks to be one of those people.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't usually think of people as ugly but I do say it sometimes when I'm not thinking, as a synonym for "very unattractive, physically". if they reveal something ugly about their personality or who they are, on top of being physically unfortunate, then I will probably call them ugly. and then there are people who have ugly personalities.

as far as what do I think about people who are extremely unattractive, physically ? I don't think anything specific of them - they are people just like anyone else. They may be what I think of as "good people" or they may be "bad people". I talk to them and try to get to know some of them just like anyone else.

just food for thought, though...

being pleasing to the eye is the basis of all terms of that nature, not just ugly. although I find it unpleasant when I call someone ugly, you can't not have "ugly" people if you have "beautiful" people. there has to be something opposite that. unless you also want to insist that there are no beautiful people, just people who are pleasing to your eye in particular, which is fine because that is inherently true. the difference is that society has ideals on what beauty is. If you subscribe to those ideals in flattery, you aren't exactly being rational if you reject those ideals when they result in cruel comments or insults.

• Yes, the word does exist and but only in the human mind.

I will call someone ugly according to not just looks but personality.

While someone else will say really? that person has a beautiful attitude.

A person can look a certain way to you and different to someone else.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

• yes there are ugly people. however I do feel bad when I get to know a person who I originally thought was ugly and they turned out to be sweet. its not wrong to have an opinion though. but yes, people CAN be ugly. but most ugly people could look at least average if they made improvements

• Beauty/attractive-ness is all subjective. That's what I always have believed, and always will believe.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What one person finds beautiful may be ugly to another person. I think it's human nature.

• Ugly and not pleasing to the eye are basically the same thing. "not pleasing" is just sugar coating it. I agree with other answers. What's ugly to might not be to somebody else.

• I don't think anyone is universally ugly. Like you said, some of the people I find absolutely stunning my friends think are so ugly, especially when it comes to guys. I don't mind, more for me!

• I don't like comparing people I just don't find it logical since everyone looks different unless you're a twin or something.

I try find beautiful things in everyone, but my forms of beauty may not be aesthetically pleasing to others, as opposed to honing in on their flaws if such a thing even exists; I mean is their like some generic human model that everyone has to be compared to in order to indicate whether they are normal or not?

Does this make sense to you? Because it does to me.

• Yeah it does. I really like your answer.

I get what your saying . :)

Its kinda like who are you to say someone is to look like tis or that.

• In general the majority is going to think the same person is ugly. People's view of beauty are pretty standard