How do you organize your closet?

As stated above. This is just for fun

I organize it by the types of clothes(jeans, shorts, shirts, tank tops, dresses, others) and I also place certain things on the walls using tacks and hooks.

what about you?

I also have a box I bought in office supplies at Walmart and it was originally made to store papers, notebooks, and folders but I use it to store sandals and heels and it blends in nicely.

72

Most Helpful Guy

• The closet is where I throw everything I don't want.

Oh, and I hang nice shirts in the closet as well.

What Guys Said 1

• I color coordinate every hanger so its easy to look for what color shirt you want and then I go from left to right with black tees, colored tees, white tees, then collared starting with what you would wear most often

What Girls Said 7

• I have everything hung up based on color and what it is. So my work clothes are together and so are dress clothes, casual ect within each color.

• Ah, OK. My closet is kinda weird to explain but shoes go on the bottom in a You shape. Boots are in the back, heels on one side, flats and sneakers on the other. Jeans, shorts, pants go on the middle rack in the back and purses/bags go on the very top rack. In the front I have my clothes..summery things and short sleeve tops are first, followed by 3/4 sleeve jackets, and tops, then long sleeve things like sweaters. Heavy coats, dresses, business attire are in the very back on the second rod.

• Separate items (dresses/tops/shorts/jeans/skirts/etc) I hang all jackets/coats/etc, and all dressy clothes. The stuff I hang up is organised by color.

I put all my heels together. Some are left in boxes, some are on a shoe rack. Then sneakers and boots together. And then flats are hung up in this hanging shoe thingy.

Yes, I have issues.

• I have a shoe rack on the left side of my closet wall, but I have this problem where I tend to buy too many shoes, so I can't fit all of my shoes on the rack

I keep my books on the first shelf in my closet

The rest? I just throw my clothes in the baskets lol

Except for my bras and panties, I put in my drawer

And my socks, cause I swear someone is taking my socks!

• IMO, the closet should only be for shoes and clothes. Shoe racks and hat racks and then cubbies for miscellaneous items like long underwear, socks, panties, hosiery, leggings, scarfs, etc.

And of course shirts are hung up. I fold all my t-shirts in the drawer however. Dress pants get hung up. There are different areas in the closet for each set of clothes -you've got shirts, then dresses, then pants, then jackets, etc.

• I organise it by 'type' as well.

• Well my closet is organized by color on both sides of my closet and I have one rack for short sleeves and another rack for long sleeves and skirts. Then on the left side I have a tote in the bottom that has scarves and things of that nature. On the right site I have a 3 layer table that I put frequently worn shoes on. I also have two shelves the top shelf has my high heels a basket of yarn and all my purses. The second shelf has my 'professional' shoes, books and things I use to decorate. All my other clothes are in draws under my bed. I have my sheets in one. my pillow cases in one. Socks and bras in one. Jeans in one. Sweat pants in one. Then clothes I kept to make other people happy in another rofl.