Should I embrace my height?

I am 5'7. I hate it, I feel like I cannot wear heels cause I'm going to look like a tall freak. When I tell people "I wish I was shorter so I could wear really nice tall heels, but I'm too tall" They say something like "Yeah, that's true" Leaving me feeling worst about myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait, what?

When I started reading this question I thought it was going to be someone upset about being short. 5'7 is tiny!

I notice your age is under 18 though...maybe if you're young enough this is just in comparison to guys your age?

Just embrace it, dress however you want, the men will catch up and when you're ready for adult relationships and such things as how you look actually matters you'll eventually be quite an average height.

• I'm going to be 18 very soon, most of my friends are short. I am always the tall one.. But thank you, this made me feel better (:

What Guys Said 17

• It's not that tall, I'm 5' 10

and besides I like tall girls

You shouldn't worry you're pretty anyway

• 5'7" is average height pretty much. the average guy is close to 6 foot tall so unless you like to wear heels that increase your height by 5+ inches AND you're self conscious about having a guy taller than you in heels, id let it go. you're making a big deal over nothing.

• I'm 6'... 5'7 is a great height for girls imo... even if you were a couple inches taller, it wouldn't be a problem.

• 5'7 is a good height. I'm 6'1 myself and most girls I know barely come up to my shoulder. It's nice to talk to girl without slouching.

• Embrace it, love it,...I'm out. Just be happy with the height you are.

• You should embrace your height. You can still wear heels, don't worry.

5'7" is a great height.

• I'm taller then you (teehee!)

Honestly.. if you want to wear heels.. wear em!

I don't know how its like where you live but where I live... I'm one of the shorter guys around so I usually feel pretty short. (i'm 5"8)

• i always say 5'7 is the perfect height..

• I'd definitely rather have a taller girl than a really short girl.

• um. that isn't that tall... most guys are around the 6 foot mark

• it not really tall it kind of still small to me because I'm 6'2 you can wear heels whatever you want near me just kidding lol but you fine with height

• 5'7 is, in my world, a normal woman height.

• Don't let being 5'7 stop you from wearing heals. I'm not even that tall, and I'm still quite a bit taller than you. Yes, you should embrace it.

• 3 inch heels would put you at my height. :) There are plenty of tall guys you can hang around with when you have 5 or 6 inch heels.

Personally I don't mind a few inches difference but if you are already taller than me to begin with, I might be semi self conscious

• Wear what makes YOU feel good about yourself :)

• That height seems fine

• you aren't that tall...

What Girls Said 16

• Of course you should embrace your height - it's not going to change, at least, not for the shorter in any positive way. Being tall gives you the attraction and elegance of a model oftentimes. I'm short and honestly I prefer short girls, but that doesn't mean I don't turn an envious eye on the height-inclined.

You're beautiful, and your long legs just show that off. Embrace them, because they're a blessing.

• OWN IT GUUUURRRLLLL! Heels don't just make you taller, they give you a level up on the lameos that wear flats. Speaking from experience, heels are always a great choice, no matter what height you are...unless you're 6'2...

• I'm 5'8 , so I understand what you mean. The thing is though, I don't care if I'm taller than my friends, and at my age guys are starting to be taller than me, and especially the guys a few years older ( which is what I usually go for ) are taller than I am. I guess it depends on how high your heels are, hahaah. Just don't wear anything extreme, not only because you'll look 'too tall', but you'll also look like a street walker - which has nothing to do with your height.

• 5'7 is how tall I want to be...im 5'6 so I guess I'm close enough. But I love being taller or average. I hate heels though so that's probably why it doesn't bother me, ha ha they kill my feet. but be happy with your height!:)

i don't think theyre trying to make you feel worse either, they probably werent sure how to respond.

• I'm 5'7 and I've come to terms with it. I wear heels whenever I want and no one complains :P

• I'm 5/6...i feel the same way.

especially since most of my friends are 5'0, 4'11 and 5'2...

I feel so huge...I don't wear heels for a different reason, but I understand. At least you aren't 6'7...be happy about that.

• of course you should. there's nothing wrong with being tall. actually, I'm kind of jelly. :)

• I WISH I WAS 5'7! EMBRACE IT! You're beautiful!

• I <3 you new profile pic! it is so FIERCE!

And yeah the QA and Fierce Megan ARE BEAUTIFUL.

• <33333333333333333333333333333333

Too Fierce. How did you do that picture? I need some skills. lol.

• @mrThread - THANK YOU! 6'5 is HOT! XD

@CM - Hehehehe, I used microsoft word! XD

• Ok seriously, this question makes me sad. I am 5'10" and wore pumps to an event just yesterday. I've heard that some guys are attracted to long, tall legs and pumps make em look longer. So you basically just need to work what you've got! I was insecure about my height but then I realized I'm not getting any shorter, so I better just find a guy that finds tall girls attractive!

• what are you talking about? your height is prefect

• Oh please... I'm 5'10 and I wear heels. Tall heel and I don't care. I love how my legs look in heals and I wear them. I was the tallest person at my prom and no one really cared... Don't be stupid and stop worrying ;)

• i'm 5 8 and I wear heels all the time. doesn't bother me any. you really shouldn't let it keep you from wearing heels. girls that are 6 ft or more wear them.

• ha lucky dude I'm like supr tiny and I'm not gunna grow your lucky!

• 5'7 is tall? Where I come from that's average to even small. I'm 5'8 myself at the moment and I seriously have only one friend who is smaller (and she is Asian). All girls my age (which is 16) are 5'7-5'9 here. I'm from the Netherlands btw.

• im your height and used to feel the same way. don't be like me, I'm 23 and never bothered to learn to walk in heels because of it! now I have to learn all late...supermodels and amazons can be glam in heels so why not 5'7 girls? its not THAT tall

• 5'7" isn't even tall... I'm 5'6" and I still think I'm average height. I don't wear heels because they're impossible for me to walk in and uncomfortable as hell.

You can still wear heels and be 5'7" and be confident. Forget about what other people think.