Style tips for a 19 year old university student..

Hey people I'm in uni and all I see are hoodies, hoodies and more hoodies.There is no like style here just people wearing all the same stuff...I would like advice on how I can look more stylish, or attractive to the opposite gender.I'm usually stuck wearing either a hoodie like everyone else or t-shirts or either, black, blue, navy, or grey with dark or light jeans. By the way I am blonde.--Does anyone have any top 5 or top 10 simple tips to dressing better and more maturely.--Note- I don't like these deep V-necks or this preppy style, bit odd in my opinion.

Hey people.
After listening to everyones ideas and what-not I've decided to invest in jumpers/sweatshirts and the likes.
They seem to tick every box and add style :)
Thanks to all that helped.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sweaters are definitely a great substitute for hoodies.If you find a certain style of sweater you like, invest in different colors. I do it all the time no one notices haha.Look for shorter v-necks since you don't like deep v-necks. Or crew necks look really nice too.Try colors that you feel best suit your skin tone.If you have female friends ask them to help you.Go to the mall or where ever you shop and ask a sales associate to help you. So like try things on that you think look nice together and get opinions:) I hope this helps:)Oh and if you are shy about asking for help just look online.I love Lookbook.nu and Tumblr( type in menswear if you aren't familiar with the site)

What Girls Said 2

• Dark wash jeans, fitted, but not tight.Polos in various complimentary colors.Argyle or cable knit sweaters.

• Just don't shop at old navy (UGH) and start trying something more like Top men !

What Guys Said 9

• College students are broke man, they can't afford style.

• Style is affordable don't blame money...there are better options than hoodies

• Easy way:1) Look at what kind of girls attract you, that you would want to attract in return;2) See what they wear;3) "Masculinize" the outfitsMethod that takes a bit more work:1) Look at what kind of girls/GUY attracts you / stands out;2) See what they wear, and ask yourself 'what does this say about the other person?3) Write that sh*t doown4) Ask yourself 'how do I want to be perceived?' and 'who the hell am I anyway?'5) Piece together an outfit from your notesThird method:1) Ask people that you find attractive to shop with you OR for honest feedback in the shop..Some more tips:I appreciate you wanting to be original and unique, but don't overdo it ;) Balance the pieces that say 'look at me!' with pieces that are less conspicuous.Coordinate your clothing color with your skin color ( link link And, as always: always be on the lookout.. Breathe inspiration. Whenever you see something you like, make a note (I use my cellphone to make notes when I'm inspired by something (and yes, that includes awesome clothing))..Some nice sites: link link Good luck.. :)Tim

• The first link failed and will give you a 404 error...Click on it, then remove the comma at the very end of the url and it'll work

• Just because other guys on the campus don't have style doesn't mean you shouldn't :) the type of cloth you were can change the way a person looks and is treated. Honestly picking a style of cloth you should wear really depends on a lot. Do you have a toned body or chubby? Long hair?How tall are you? What's is your budget range?Just to add, it would really depend on what kind of girls you like. The way you dress attracts different type of crowd and girls :) I think the best thing would be to find a model that has the similar hair and body type as you and follow his style (: Skin tone = colors that would look good on you

• Well in answer to those questions..I'm a little overweight (slightly chubby)Medium length hair-- fringe reaches my eyebrows, planning on getting a little shorter though but not muchI'm 6ft tallBudget would be prices that aren't stupidly big like t-shirt ?45... (Think Burton price ranges...)---I like shy girls. I find when you get to know them they are actually quite bubbly and friendly. Even flirty at times. Loyal/shy are the types of girls I like.

• So, a hair length that you could style it as a 'surfer dude'? if you're slightly chubby try not to wear t-shirts. Wear button up shirts instead. Slimy(not to skinny) but tight not baggy jeans. button up shirt and a classic shoe. Don't wear sneakers either lol. And smell good! Dolce Gabanna - the one is a good cologne. Oh, when I say button up shirts I don't mean the ones you wear to meetings. The stylist ones. It's really hard to explain it.

• If you posted yesterday I would have best answered this most likely.I like this style as it's relaxed and looks comfortable. But it's not like sloppy. Has class as well as practicallity.

• thanks, that's pretty much how I dress and I find it fits well in pretty much all settings

• dark jeans and dress shirts work for me. I usually roll up the sleeves and call it good. Just remember that its not what you wear it is how you wear it

• i agree hoodies are everywhere! a good thing to wear that looks good is to wear a cardigan.. not an old man cardigan, a stylish one... it looks good and its also different, therefore the opposite gender may notice

• I remember everyone in college wearing hoodies cause they were lazy about their laundry, but that was just my experience. A few things to always keep in mind when you want to look good:1. Belt and Shoes need to match.2. Keep a clean looking cut: hair, beards, mustaches, etc.3. Color is always appreciated.4. You can wear too many layers.5. Hang your pants/jeans/slacks up. (the wrinkled look is liked by some but outside of uni it won't get you far)6. Wear a watch.If you are looking more for style advice then think about how you would like people to assume who you are first. A rocker who dresses like a prep is a prep.

• Its funny because clothes are important so important in attracting a female its rediculous...when I wear something plain...nothing. If I'm rocking a collard shirt, a nice dark pair of jeans and a pair of boots I get some glances. I feel like a well rounded style is more important then only your clothes. Just the way you are should reflect upon your clothes, you shouldn't force it at all. One place called pole and bear has some real fashionable stuff for guys. I like that place but I feel as if you walk with confidence, have a bit of style you can go a lot further then just simply buying clothes ya know?

• Flannel shirts like this one: link Black Chucks: link And straight leg blue, black jeans...That's how I dress...Get some band tshirts...like a Ramones tshirt or some other band you like and wear with your shirts...they look cool!So, good luck with that man...update when you have a feedback on how your new style worked out...