Girls, could you be with a guy that's shorter, skinnier, or smaller then you?

I thought girls liked a guy to be bigger then them so they feel protected. I was just wondering because I have seen this scenario.

I'm 5'9" 175 btw

Most Helpful Girl

• I have dated a few guys on the smaller side like skinnier than me but also dated a few guys bigger than me aka taller. But I still felt protected because the slightly smaller guys I was in a relationship with did always protect me. I'm 5'7 and the shortest I've dated is 5'5, not much of a variance but I think his personality compensated and I don't always go for the physical traits, I mostly focus on his personality and the goodness lol if that makes sense.

What Girls Said 20

• Of course I have my preference. But if my heart is with someone who is as big as me I am only 5'5 1/2 125 lbs then I can always make them my exception.

• I'm with a guy that skinnier than I am.

• Im 5'1 and 135 pounds. No I couldnt.

• Yeah. As for shorter, I'm 5'4" and if I liked a guy I could definitely deal with him being an inch or two shorter, I don't mind much. And I tend to like guys skinnier than me. ^^

• Yup, and I have. I'm 5'10" and pretty curvy, so it's not hard to find a guy who's shorter/smaller/skinnier than me. I dated a guy who was my height and much skinnier than me. I thought he was sexy as hell. But honestly, not by HEAPS. If he was 5'5" and disappeared when he turned to the side, I doubt I'd be attracted.

• Wow your tall! OK so the height is the most important actor?

• Good thing I'm built well and taller than you.

• Not like you have a chance ^_^

• i could, but I think it would be feel strange...

i'm 5'2 and weigh 98. I haven't really ever encountered a guy that was both shorter and thinner than me.

• Wow your small! :D

And yeah that would be a tiny guy 0_o

• Aha, I just ran into this and I have to say, I didn't know you were 5'2! That's a cute height actually :P

• LOL. it is the height of the vertically challenged :p

• I know this sounds mean, but I'm already pretty small so I couldn't do it if they were smaller. I like them at least the same size because I'd feel as if I'd squish them or hurt them because I'd be bigger

• Shorter?

I'm 5'2, so it's pretty uncommon for me to come across a guy who is shorter than me, but to answer your question, no.

Skinnier? Yes, I love tall, skinny guys! :) But I also love tall, "husky"/average or somewhat chubby guys.

Smaller? Um...I think I would feel awkward haha.

• Im 5'3 so I prefer guys that about 5'6 and above.

• For my height yeah its pretty tall but I would love to date him if I like him:P

• Well I'm nearly 6' so no,I couldn't be with someone shorter than me. Nor could I be with a skinny dude--even though I'm thin.

• No, I think that's a big turn off. I'm not particulary tall or big, so I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be a bit taller and bigger

• The whole unreasonable thing comes from the fact we can't state our preferences without being called a**holes or pigs.

• And I know the grass isn't greener on the other side, as well.

• i meant to say ' to want a guy to be bigger and taller' btw

• yeah,i could

• Well, deffinatly not shorter... that'd be like a seconnd grader lol

What do you mean by skinnier? Like a smaller frame? Or just less faton there body?

I don't think men my age come smaller then me I'm 4'11" and 105lbs

And if I did meet a man snaller then me than no I wouldn't date him

• He has to be at least one inch taller that me (I'm 5'8") and he just has to be biger than me...its a huge turnoff if not

• dunno, maybe.

• i probably wouldn't be able to

• Only if I'm attracted to him.

• So you would date an attractive guy shorter then you?

• Yeah why not. But not a midget either. I'm 5'4.

• if he's shorter, yes I could. cause even if he's shorter than me, he can still be pretty big, muscular, etc.

if he's skinnier or smaller, no I couldn't.

• No. It turns me off a lot. And I'm small so it isn't unreasonable to want someone bigger and taller.

• Nope. Just a preference. I can see how that would be a problem if your already small

• Shorter? No. He has to be at least my height (5'6") because that would just feel awkward.

Skinnier? Yes, I have dated guys skinnier than me and it isn't a big deal because they've been really tall.

Smaller? No, I couldn't date a guy who weighed less than me because I would feel like a whale.

• Skinny and tall?

I'm here! :D

• So if he was tall, skinny and weighed less then you would you give him a chance?

• @moloz- Yay.

@QA- If he was tall and skinny and happened to weigh less than me, yes.

What Guys Said 3

• Hm, I've dated some short girls, the shortest being 4'11. The height difference got in the way sometimes though, me being at 5'10. I wouldn't mind if a girl was slightly taller than me, just not anything ridiculous, it'd be similarly awkward :\. Though when it comes to preference, I prefer shorter girls, I have a serious soft spot for them.

• I'm taller than you, but you weigh more. You're black, I'm white. I say we should team up and date a girl as like fake Siamese twins or something lol

• Since I've been on gag I realized lots of girls have no issue judging a man by his cover. I always believed and heard girls are all about personality etc... So it came as a big surprise to realize just how superficial most girls are. I used to go to great extent trying not to hurt girls feelings. Now I feel guilt free and it's been a liberating experience really. Thanks ladies to have opened my eyes about how you treat men.

• Yeah everyone has preferences man. I got lots of downvotes because I said I wouldn't fate a fat girl. Some girls won't date a black guy and that's their preference right? Stick with what you want man. Guys and girls are superficial

• Lol. Everyone is superficial! :D

• Getting back? I'm saying what I think that's all. Yeah I used to think guys were way more superficial, it's the way men are portrayed by society if you haven't noticed. Plus girls always brag about how personality is all that matters etc... You can't help but believe what you hear times and again growing up. So now I know girls are just as superficial though most pretend otherwise. Gag was an eye opener.