Why do people constantly claim that "unattractive" people are "nicer" than "beautiful" people?

without even knowing them? they just assume it? I think its pretty silly... people always assume that "unattractive" people are nicer, or have bigger hearts, or have better personalities to make up for what's on the outside while "beautiful" people are fake and materialistic and snobby. But isn't it usually the "unattractive" people who are assuming it? Making THEM the bad people? Sorry, I just read some articles bashing good looking people lol. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Assumptions and misconceptions suck, don't they?

Attractive females, especially, are assumed to be 'bitches' just by looking at them. I wish I could find the psychological study that I saw last year in my Child Psych class. It can't be possible for someone to have been blessed with good looks AND a good personality... Of course not. -__-

I've met unattractive and attractive people and their looks had no correlation to their personality, kindness, etc.

• Regardless of the real truth, I'll always be inclined that attractive girls aren't so great. I've seen good girls, but my mind probably classified it as an illusion. xD

• attractive girls aren't great? so ull always refuse the attractive girls? even if they are nice and really like you moloz?

What Guys Said 5

• They just assume it!

I used to know plenty of ugly people who got terrible personalities!

Being attractive does not necesseraly mean being an ass.

Actually there's NO correlation between attractiveness and personality!

What kind of genes your parents got and in what way the Mother Nature has f***ed you up - that's what you get! And it can be anything!

• For one thing we ugly people have to try harder.

Beautiful people feel they can make it on looks alone and don't care how they act.

• how do you know as a FACT that every single beautiful person feels that way?

• Just as sure as some people feel ugly people aren't worth snot

• If only I looked good lol. Jk. But honestly "unattractive" people assume that "beautiful" people are cocksuckers.

Which in howland ohio is about 89% of the time a true statement.

But being that I'm considered an unattractive person who has a big heart and am nicer than pretty much any one person could be. Its easy to assume that beautiful people are mean, cold spirited, and all around douchebags because of that fact that we unattractive people don't get noticed and to make us feel better its not uncommon to spread a rumour about "tim" or say "mandi" calling them nasty, unattractive, mean, cold hearted people when In fact they could be completely opposite of your allegations. But being that they can "outdate" u, there automatically on your sh*tlist. And possibly others sh*tlists also

• Because it's assumed that unattractive people make up for their appearance with personality whereas beautiful people don't need a personality to get attention.

• Suffering births empathy. Rich and beautiful people don't worry about that, they worry about not losing those two qualities.

You need to suffer to be beautiful entirely, both in body and in mind.

• 99.9% agree=D

• And as soon as the suffering is lifted away - you show your true colors! Give them a power and they'll show their real nature! I couldn't disagree with your sick view anymore!

What Girls Said 6

• it's the whole ''underdog'' thing

• bitterness, jealousy ... I guess those assumptions help us get through the night.

• I'd just like to point out that some of the most attractive people are often the loneliest ones. People either assume they're taken, they have a bad attitude or that their lives are fulfilled in every way. Often times this is not the case and attractive people end up being overlooked. Judging someone for being attractive is just as shallow as judging someone for being unattractive.

We should alll get to know people before making assumptions! :)

• it's just that people who are attractive have it easier in society.

• and so their attitude is often different.

• youd think but sometimes being good looking has its downsides! it always bites my best friend in the butt. (model) haha

• yeah, it does. everything has a downside xD

but in general, life is way easier

• It's Just a Matter Of Opionion...It's Your Choice if you try to Change it or not.

• I don't think that someone look has something to do with their attitude.This thing happens because unattractive people seen as "victim" in the society.Attractive people always get something easier without struggling and working hard like the unatractive people have to.So here sympathy "exist".