The shorter you are, the more money you need to compete with taller men?

Apparently, for every inch under 5’10”, a man must make an additional $40,000 a year to be seen as equally attractive as their taller counterparts.

Is height really that big a factor in a relationship? Do you ladies agree with this?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I find this statement just another bit of proof that people have started to put way too much into appearence. Me myself well I'd much rather take the time to get to know the guy and let his personality do the talking. As long as you're a funny sweet dude I'd date them no matter what height they were. What ever happened to judging on character...instead of all that height, look ratio bull =O

What Girls Said 9

• If the only thing we know about this mystery man is how tall he is and how much money he makes, then this statistic doesn't surprise me much. It's a bit misleading to take it as just that, though:

The big, glaring omission in this statement is literally everything else. Yes, height and income are factors in what kind of first impression you make on us. BUT, who you are as a person, your likes and dislikes, your values, your sense of humor, and a thousand other little things matter a million times more than the size of your body or your paycheck when we decide how much we like you over someone else.

• I don't really care about height or how much money a guy makes.

• I wouldn't say it is worth $40,000 per inch, but I would say I am definitely more attracted to taller guys. However, I think it has more to do with confidence. Shorter guys tend to be insecure (hence this question even being asked in the first place) and I can't deal with tons of insecurity from a guy.

• wtf? hell no

• LOL.

WTF...

• Where in the hell did you get such a preposterous statistic?

• I was watching some show and did they a survey and apparently the only way short dudes have a chance with women is if they have money. :o

• no. height doesn't bother me at all. I don't really care about that kind of thing

• No.

• Never heard of this. My man is 5'7" and makes less than $40k and has to pay child support, and he is very handsome and hot. He is also not the first man under 5'10" that I have dated or been in a relationship with. Yes, being short is not a crummy deal for guys. I guess it is the equivalent of all the body issues women think limit them. Your limitations are based on your beliefs and then you work to fulfill them by either not asking girls out or acting like a disaster around girls because you assume they won't like you because of your height.

What Guys Said 3

• You always think about the size of your d*** to compensate for your height.

• There are plenty of studies to suggest that taller is better. But I wouldn't take that to mean short guys are doomed to a life of singleness unless they are filthy rich.

• link

You will be undesired regardless of how much money you make unfortunately.