I don't like my body and I don't want him to be mad if I did try losing weight.

I'm 16 I weight 230 I'm 5"9 almost 5"10 and my boyfriend is 19 5"11 and weighs 195..he tells me I'm beautiful.. just the way I am and I shouldn't worry about it so much, but I can't help but think maybe I should worry about it more. We have a really great relationship, and he says I should just trust him and I do, but I don't like my body and I don't want him to be mad if I did try losing weight..everyone says I'm just big boned..but I still think I'm overweight..and ugly, and I don't know if he'd be mad at me if I started losing weight..

What Guys Said 2

• Just explain to him that it's something you want to do for you. Thank him for his concern, but explain that this is something you want for yourself and not something that necessarily has anything to do with him.

Good luck, and remember that the only worth wile weight loss plans are the one's that achieve weight loss through healthy life style changes. No short cuts. You can do this.

• Don't worry about it. There are so man different body types, and there are so many people who find each one of them beautiful.

If you feel overweight and ugly- lose some weight. What does it matter what he thinks. If he is unhappy with that, then shame on him because he should want you to be happy

• That's what I thought too. But one day I went to my friends house to work out with her for like a couple hours and he totally started a HUGE fight about it, and I won't even sit on his lap or anything because I don't want to hurt him. I feel that big. and I know I'm not HUGE but I don't feel pretty and I don't want to make him break up with me..

• Well, looking at your age category, I think we can safely say you're not going to marry him. If he wants to break up with you for trying to become happy with yourself- you should not put up with him. Don't be like so many girls and let a guy hold them down. Be your own person, and do what you want to do.

• Thanks!

What Girls Said 0