Girls..does this make mean undateable loser?

So I just turned 21...for the past year I lived with my roomate in an apartment..but my long story short...my roomate was raised a jehovahs witness and rejoined them and they do not live with non-members, he moved with his parents...so, with no roomie...I was working 40 hrs a week but still couldn't make enough to pay rent for evena one bedroom..plus id have to pay 100% of the bills (not just half)...I couldn't make it...so I moved back home...my parents are really cool though...they always have been laid back and let me do whatever I want..they know I'm responsible...My parents have a downstair room that we didn't use much so they let me fixx it up..since I was working 40 hrs and didn't have rent I put in a new floor and painted the walls and put some bordering in...its walled off and has a door so its like a bedroom and it has a fireplace...i figure ill have enough room for my bed in one area and then a small living room type deal with my TV and mini fridge...But its njust not the same as having my own place...Imdecided since I'm at home..i would work less and go back to school full time...I don't have a girlfriend and actually have never had one...I worry that living at home will keep girls from taking me seriously...i feel like a loser...I mean...I'm trying...i have a job but I can't move out by myself and go to school full time too..so my best option is to stay at home..would this keep you from dating a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Who cares what she thinks? She sucks d*** to survive. She shacks up with boyfriends and lives off men like a parasite. Her p**** opens doors she's not even aware were there.

You're a man. You play life on hard. Who gives a f*** what the spoiled entitled twats think? The quality women will see you as a person. You tried and you busted your ass and you don't have to explain sh*t to anyone. And hey... I got tons of p**** when I was living at home. I have no game and I still pulled that off.

So yee-haw. Keep workin away and make the most of your situation now.

Happiness is a choice. It's that simple.

What Girls Said 6

• ummm my boyfriend is 22 and still live with parents too. he rarely makes himself food and wash the dishes. I've never seen him do the laundry or clean his room. now its too late to change..i still don't think he's a loser.

the only time I would think he's a loser is when he's gaming all night and he forgot I was online OR he was complaining he's broke when he's still paying for the game. :/

• lol...i wash my own clothes and clean up after myself...and I actually don't even have a gaming system of any kind...i mostly just watch movies for entertainment...

• yea I don't get it honestly...i also read an article ona blog about how guys don't wash their sheets/clothes etc...I can't imagine that...I'm not exactly a neat-freak as in things being organized but I am a clean freak...i can't wear clothes 2 days in a row...on days when I work I usually take 2 showers.one when I get up and one after work..and change into clean clothes...i'm totally into cleanliness lol

• thats oen reason I'm actually kinda happy to eb home...not only do I not have to pay rent/bills...i don't have to get rolls of quarters every week to do my laundry...

• No, you're not an undateable loser. Just don't approach the situation so apologetically, you know? Be straightforward about it. You have a legitimate reason to be living with your parents, and there are tons of other people in your situation.

• well I don't wanna sound arrogant..i kno I'm not the most awesome dude ever...

• what? how would being straightforward about your living situation be arrogant?

• nah, sh*t happens. at least you were smart enough to realize what you needed to do.

• dude my boyfriend lives at home and he doesn't even have a mini fridge, you are doing well;)

• No. My boyfriend lives at home.

• no, it doesn't make you a loser.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm a guy, but in a similar situation as you. The answer is, yes, some girls won't like it, but others won't care too much. Present yourself as an independent, ambitious guy who's working on getting back on your feet. In this economy it's totally understandable to live with your parents...a hell of a lot of people in our age range do. Just be sure to "sell yourself" as working on getting your own place as soon as possible. And just forget about a girl if she can't understand something that simple...she wouldn't make a good girlfriend if she judges people superficially. There are other girls who will like you for who you are. Best of luck.

• 8 years ago, maybe. Nowadays probably not. With young people being unemployed at rates up to thirty percent you are not the only one who can't afford to make it on his own. Some girls will be mean about it, but that's because they're gold-diggers. As long as you show motivation and make an effort, a good woman shouldn't blame you for something you can't entirely control. BTW. I'm almost 24, a part time student with two part time jobs living at home, so I know what it feels like.

• better than me