Is there such a thing as chemistry?

You know what I mean. Between a guy and a girl. It defies logic, it doesn't make any sense, but---but maybe some guys and girls just have their name on each other. You know what I mean?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Actually there is Chemistry... Literally. I had to read this article for one of my English classes and it was about the chemistry of love. The Original Reason Of Why Relationships StartedTo summarize the article, the idea of romance/ love was originally brought on, because back about 4 million years ago there was a need for males and females to have relationships, so that children could be raised. For Example: It wouldn't quite work out well, if a man planted his seed back then and then just left, because the point of it back then was to reproduce, and he was smart enough to know that his offspring would have less of a chance of survival unless he was there to help protect it and find food. I mean imagine what it would have been like for a single mom back then.. running around with a weight strapped to you trying to find food and shelter and keep from being eaten by wild animals and what not. Anyway, once we figured out that it was a necessity to be in a relationship (for childbearing purposes). Our natural instincts start to lead us to be selective. We want our children to have strong genes. So you unintentionally are trying to find a mate that has something that you feel is worth passing on to your children. For Example : This is pretty easy.. Lets say that a woman really feels that money is important. She will be more likely drawn to a mate that would be able to provide that. This idea works with men too, but there is a slight difference, and that is that men are naturally drawn to younger women by nature. I'd like to note that this in no way should be used as an excuse to be a perv. ; but by nature men are typically looking for a women in their childbearing years. I mean that's the original point of a relationship after all. ( There is a whole lot more info in the actual article, that kind of explains divorce rates and infidelity... if your into learning about that part read it... I'll put a link at the bottom.)The Chemical Part of thisYour body actually releases chemicals when you find someone that you like. You know that feeling that you get that is so amazing, that oh my god this is it, this guy/ girl is amazing blah blah blah stuff. You feel like that because your body is releasing chemicals that are cousins to amphetamines that basically get you high. (There are people that are actually addicted to that high and go from relationship to relationship unintentionally so they can get it.) These amphetamines don't last forever though. You eventually need more an more to get that "I'm in love" feeling and your body can't produce enough. In the contrary, there is another chemical that your body gives you. It is like a natural pain killer. It starts getting produced when your in a relationship for a while. You start to get doses of this pain killer everyday you are with your honey and when they leave, it goes bye bye, and you feel like crap. Anyway, for more info/detail: link

• No problem! I hope you enjoy it.

• Thanks for the link I was just reading a bit and I am going to read more later

• Oops the link is for the 3rd page of the article... but you can go to the first from the bottom of the page... Sorry!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, there is chemistry. It is basically a mixture of oxytocin, seratonine, dopamine, and testosterone being released inside the body mostly on the brain when you are around a certain person. They think biology has to do with why we focus our attention on usually just one person to have these chemical reactions to at a time. When you can't get someone out of your head (dopamine and oxytocin)!

• Yup. There is a biological reason for it. The only logic it speaks to is the rational of science. It doesn't change it. I feel it going on for a guy right now and just knowing what is chemically happening in my body doesn't change it a bit. It barely even takes the romance out of it. Also, there are pheromones. link And yes, it is unreasonable and virtually uncontrolable. I'm experiencing it right at the moment. It sucks!

• No no, I'm not talking about soul mates. I am talking about unreasonable, unexplainable attraction.

• If you are asking if there is just one person for a person that would be the best possible match? I hope not. I think soul mates is a fantasy people concocted. It can certainly feel like that. I feel those chemical reactions with very few men. It's tempting for me to think I can feel it only with the current person I'm in love with (who doesn't love me as much). It's still primitively driven.

• Show Older
  • I do believe there is such thing as chemistry, different types though, like you have to have chemistry with your friends and then there's the extreme chemistry you get with your soulmate (if that exists lol).

• Yes. I didn't use to believe in it until one guy came along when I was 16. I'm almost 19 now and even when we'll go a year without talking, we will hang out again and the "spark" will still be there. It doesn't make any sense. He's arrogant, annoying, can be a real jack ass sometimes and not the most attractive guy. But him and I definitely have chemistry.

• Eh it's not all it's cracked up to be lol in my case it just makes me feel like I'm in love with a guy that is totally wrong for me. frustrating. but don't worry, you'll get it with someone.

• Thats really sweet, id love to have that chemistry with a guy...

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!