Exact meaning of too pretty?

A guy asked if I have a boyfriend and I told no I don't and he said that I'm too pretty to be single... what exactly is "too" why not just pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• he means your too pretty to not have a boyfriend, not that your to pretty. it wouldn't make sense if he said "your pretty to have a boyfriend, so he used the too which is the correct way to phrase this sentence, its like saying "your to small to go on this ride" hope that helped,x

What Guys Said 1

• It's assumed by guys that any girl who is attractive enough to warrant a "double take" will be spoken for, simply because of the fact that there are more than likely so many guys after her.

What Girls Said 1

• He means that you're very attractive and he doesn't understand why you would be single because of your beauty. I believe guys do that to flatter you, and the "too" just means extra. You're extra pretty to him :) Be happy :)