You ever wake up some days, look in the mirror and think wow did I grow a few inches?

That happened to me today. It's the first time that's happened since I turned 15! I thought my body would have stopped growing by now but I grew a couple of inches last night. At what age do you stop growing?

Most Helpful Girl

• "The next time someone asks you how tall you are, keep in mind that your answer might depend on the time of day. In the morning, when you wake up, you’re taller than at night, when you go to bed.

The spine is made of twenty-nine vertebrae and the tailbone. Sandwiched between these hard vertebrae are what are known as intervertebral disks, which act as shock absorbers and protect our spinal cord. These disks can compress or expand, and this mechanism is what enables us to move our spine.

Intervertebral disks are made up primarily of water, and together they make up about a foot of our adult height. Now, when you’re standing upright, your spine supports the weight of your head, trunk, and upper body. All that pressure causes water to diffuse out of the intervertebral disks. Over the course of a day, you can loose up to an inch of your height due to intervertebral disk compression. Then, at night, when you’re lying down, the water diffuses back into the disks and elongates your spine, so that when you wake up, it’s ready to face another day.

This diffusion of water in and out of our intervertebral disks is also important because these disks aren’t hooked up to our blood supply. This means that the water pumping in and out of them also provides them with nutrients and enables them to eliminate waste products. If you’ve ever wished you were just a little bit taller, try measuring your height in the morning. It might make all the difference."

link

What Girls Said 7

• I've grown a inch taller this year :D

• I stopped growing (height) when I was 14... I've never felt tall. Never woke up thinkng "wow! I fee tall today!" haha... And in the past two years I have been asked if I shrunk an uncountable amount of times. But that's okay with me, cause I I've being so short :)

• I wish I could grow a few inches like height wise, I 'm 5'7, but I wish to be a bit more taller. maybe 5'9 so kissing my boyfriend is less awkward, he's 6'5

• No :(

• Hmm no I've been 5'3" for a long while. I really don't remember the last time I felt as you do. Probably as a tween/teen. Somewhere in there. But I've always felt small.

• That happens a lom 5'9' and growing... and I LOVE IT

• I think that a lot. I have been growing.

What Guys Said 4

• I stopped growing at like 18. It would be cool to put on another 5 inches or so though. That would put me at 6' 7"

• I wish

• Not really. I wish.

• 18/19 I think