Should I dye my hair darker or keep it blond?

Before I was dating my boyfriend, I had blond hair, then dyed it darker. He used to tell me, before we were going out, that it looked better blond. Now we're dating, I want to make him happy. I don't really mind what color my hair is, but it can be expensive to keep up blond hair. Should I go blonde?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's sort of like my fiancĂ©. I know he prefers my hair blond but likes me with whatever hair color I have. The real question is, does he like you the way you are, with or without the blond hair? You should be able to have your hair any color and have him be fine with it. You could, however, do it as a nice gesture like I do for my fiancĂ©.

What Guys Said 3

• Sure, why not?

• well you can ask him what would he like and if he says blond do it and if it gets expensive just stop

• He made a mistake. He should have never said you looked better as a blond. He should have said "you look great" and then stopped there. NEVER tell a woman she looks better as something else. That not only comes off as mean but it also comes off as being fake!

• I don't agree, actually, in this case. I am very confident that he likes me for who I am, and I wasn't offended at all. I appreciate honesty in a relationship, and I don't mind if he prefers one hair color over another; at the end of the day, it's not something that will come between us, it's just something I was thinking about doing for him... think of it as a gift, if you will.

• I still think you should do what you like! Not what he likes; it's not his body, it's yours!

What Girls Said 4

• SIMPLE SOLUTION: ask him to pay for it! if the only issue is the cost, then I don't think it's unreasonable to ask him to pay for you to get your hair done if he prefers you as a blond.

• thanks, I'll talk to him about it.

• just do what YOU want to do. its cool that you want to make him happy but you need to make yourself happy first.

• Do what you like best don't go something just because a guy wants it if you don't want it but if you like it sure

• do you want to? for yourself?

• Like I said, I really don't mind. Not that I am insecure, or think he's not attracted to me, but I guess I think it might make him even more attracted to me?