Do you wear glasses?

I am going to be getting glasses soon, as I'm having trouble reading stuff that's far away... I won't be wearing them all the time but I'm wondering what are they like to transition to? I don't really know what to expect lol, I hope I find a decent looking pair :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do wear glasses, I have been for over a year. It was weird transitioning into because everything looked so strange after putting them on , everything looked like HD vision. people, plants , animals, and even piles of dog poop looked more beautiful. When you first put them on everything looked a little strange but, you'll get used to it.

I found out I needed glasses when I failed my eye test at the DMV. I went to the eye doctor and just got my perception without actually buying glasses there because they were a bit pricey

I picked out some pretty cool ones on this website (they're affordable too) let me know if you want the website. All you do is type your prescription in on the glasses you want and order them but, they take about to weeks to come . I don't were mine all the time only at school and for reading.

Sorry for that very long, irrelevant story.

What Girls Said 15

• You look like you could rock a nice pair of glasses. Just make sure to get a pair that fit your face nice and are not cheap. I am told to wear them but it was very late in life thus I didn't feel comfortable. As a result, I dont. But fyi we have the same problem and you should :)

• I had to get glasses to get my driver's license cause I couldn't see far away, before then I had never really realized that I had bad vision. I used to just wear them while driving, but eventually I started wearing them all the time because I got used to them and it's kind of a pain to carry them around with you.

Sometimes they're annoying, like when it rains as others have mentioned. And it sucks having to pay a lot more for sunglasses since you have to put your prescription in them. But mostly I don't mind them. I've been wearing them about 3 years now, I wear them almost all the time now except at home. It doesn't take very long at all to adjust to them, our brains are really good about adapting to things.

• I've been wearing glasses for a while now. the first week it was weird wearing them cause I wasn't used to feeling them on my face, but after that you don't even notice that you're wearing them.

the only things I've found to be a problem is like when laying on my bed or on the couch, I can't lay my head down on the side with the glasses on. also, I'm always afraid they're going to come off when I'm riding a roller coaster or some other ride. and when its raining they get water all on the lenses and I can't see haha. I only wear my glasses in class and when I'm out and about around town...i don't wear them if I'm just hanging out in my room cause I can see pretty well without them.

• I hate wearing glasses. I have to wear them all the time if I don't have my contacts on. It's annoying because when it's raining out, the rain drops will get on your glasses. And when I blush, my glasses fog up. Personally, I don't enjoy them. But I'm sure people thinks otherwise.

• I can't really say about the transition, since I've been wearing them since I was a kid, but after a while you don't even realize you're wearing them, lol. But I guess it might be different for you since you'll be taking them off all the time. I think you'll get used of them eventually though.

• I usually just wear contacts though I wear glasses late at night and when I get up in the morning. Its a little disorienting when you first get them, but you will adjust to them pretty quickly. Its not really a big deal.

• guy with nerd glasses are so hot omg do it PLEASE

• Yeah I wear them,but only when I'm driving. I've been wearing them for 9yrs. now so its not weird to me anymore. Sure it weird at first,but I soon got used to them. I have found too they make me look a little older,maybe even sophisticated:)

• I wear glasses.

I can't wait for my new pairs..

• Yep. Sometimes when you forget you're wearing them and you try to rub your eye, you bump your finger on the glass.

• Usually only at night in bed & as soon as I wake up. Or all day/half day if I'm being slow/chill. Mostly wear contacts.

• i wear contacts, I only wear glasses if I absolutely have to because I look like a weirdo with them lol

• I wear them when I run out of solution for my contacts.

• yup. don't worry, guys look hawt with glasses. :)

• Nope :) I have never needed to wear glasses.

What Guys Said 5

• I do, yes. I barely notice them, but it is annoying being limited when I take them off. Things are just fuzzier without them, it's not like I'm blind or anything. xD I think my eyesight was something like 20/60~ 20/40~, but I need to get it checked again. It's getting worse.

As another guy mentioned, you'll have to deal with occasional inconveniences, like choosing between glasses and sunglasses (unless you're like me and you don't wear them, or you get glasses that darken in sunlight). The same can go for shooting glasses, chemical eye protection, and looking through microscopes, binoculars or telescopes can be a chore.

Luckily the goggles in my Chem lab fit over my glasses. I tell you, glasses and goggles, that REALLY attracts the ladies! Yes. And the red marks on my forehead and cheeks after I've been wearing them for 3 hours just drives 'em over the edge. After that, they're putty in my hands.

• I wear glasses regularly, I don't need them when I'm on the computer, but playing video games, watching TV, or out in public, I need them so I don't see a big blur of everything. Transitioning to a no-glasses lifestyle to needing them is not very hard, just don't forget about them and sit on them like I have xDD

• Yes for 3 years.

Its pretty weird when you first put them on. Like you just stepped into an hd tv.

Like when you get them dint put them on yet. walk outside look at a tree with good lighting and then put them on.

Im telling you now its gunna blow your f***ing mind.

• It may just be fatigue, but for the past few years my eyesight has worsened significantly D:

I tried my dads glasses on once, but they were way too big for me ^^;

• I wear glasses and contacts. My vision is horrible without them, so consider yourself blessed to have not needed them til now.

Having the NEED for glasses sucks, but glasses themselves are not bad. Depending on how bad your vision is, you might also want to get contact lenses if you do a lot of outdoors stuff that requires eye pro that won't fit over glasses (goggles, masks, helmets, etc).