Will a pretty woman still be pretty as she ages?

I know that 20s is the prime of beauty for most females. and I know that a lot of people lost their looks as they aged. But I think a lot of it is maintenance. If a pretty woman keeps her weight down and works out , treated her skin well, didn't have bad habits like smoking alcoholism and tanning which ruin skin, dyes her hair and doesn't get an ugly cut, keeps her teeth nice, dresses well and uses makeup can't she still look pretty at say 45 if she was pretty at 21?

On the other hand a woman at work in her 40s told me she was real good looking at my age. she is thin takes care of her hair teeth anf skin and dresses very well, but she just isn't that pretty so I can't imagine she was that attractive 20 years ago given that she takes care of herself. Or is aging really that bad?

Aging is a big fear of mine. I do admit that losing my looks scares me but as long as I don't age alone it should be okay if my s.o.loves me. But the idea of being called maam and not getting male attention...must be hard.

Anyone else feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible, but the 40 something won't be as hot as the 20 something. That's just a fact of life. The boobs will lose their firmness, the butt will start to droop, wrinkles will happen, cellulite will happen and in general people will become less attractive. It's mostly because the best reproductive state is someone in their 20s. So people will look less bangable as they age.

What Guys Said 3

• yes they can still be attractive but not as attractive as a 21 year old, but in all honesty my cut off for starting to date a girl will always be under 25 if its going to be a serious thing

• As long as she treats herself well, and stays out of trouble, then absolutely, yes.

• Some are, some aren't..some lose their looks faster than others...EVERYONE loses their looks iof they live long enuf...but que sera...or should I say "c'est la vie" ?

What Girls Said 4

• different people age differently. you're going to have to learn to love and accept your body the way it is sooner or later if you want to be happy.

• I love myself a lot but losing my looks makes me sad. More the idea of ending up alone and too old to attract men actually than the idea of aging itself

• yes. some women age badly, but most don't if they take care of themselves. if you keep your weight down and don't have bad habitts you'll age well. I'm sure women in their 40s and older still get male attention, just from guys in their age group

• Yeah this man I know is in his 50s and he has a girlfriend in her 40s who is apparently really attractive for a woman her age, because many women that age look like crap, but before her he liked to hit on younger girls a lot and flirt with them and look at them sexually but I don't know if he'd actually date them since they are young. though some women that age complain the men their age want the younger ones, so I guess it varies

• There is no way that a 40 year old could look as sexy as a 21 year old, naturally. But I do believe if you take care of yourself, you can age gracefully.

• look at her mom