Do all guys judge every girl they see?

Last night I had one of my guy friends come back from a club and tell me how all the girls were under 7s, he then went on to tell me how all guys judge girls and have really high standards for girls. Is this true with all guys? He also said that most guys are only judging by looks and if they tell you otherwise they're lying. I am now seriously so self conscious thinking I am being constantly judged!

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps he's like that, but I don't do that ridiculous number-rating at all. Of course I notice when I'm around an attractive woman, but that's automatic and requires no conscious effort, I'm sure you see guys in a similar way. I don't really see the point in constantly comparing women to other women.

And even if that friend of yours hands out a number, that number says more about him than about the girls that have been 'judged'. Attraction and beauty are mostly in the eye of the beholder. For example, my best friend's preferences differ quite a lot from mine.

Your friend sounds rather shallow.

What Guys Said 8

• This opinion coming from a guy who rates girls like that?

No. Personally, I don't judge anyone, especially not over their appearance.

What's true for everyone is that appearance undoubtedly is the first thing you see in a person, but it's not true that every girl is constantly judged. You're perfect the way you are, no one has a right to judge you, be confident and proud of yourself!

• No, but when you're under 18 and dealing with high school aged boys it can seem like it.

• I can tell you from the way I see it and it is this. You notice something about a girl and you like her for that something. Some people it is hair color or whatever. But, I don't know anyone that rates women on a scale like that.

• No. I feel I might decide whether or not I find them attractive, but it is just a spur of the moment thing and has no effect to whether I would talk to or befriend them. Most of the time, for me, a person's attractiveness will change after I've gotten to know them.

• Yes, every guy judges, but that's just for fun.

• nope I don't judge anybody

• I mean all guys judge the women they see but don't tell all the guys around them. It's not something like she's a 7. It's more just like noticing that an apple is red

• I judge most, but I don't have high standards, I'd have sex with most of them if I were single.

Apparently your friends who passed up all the 6's at the club view their own hands as '7s'

What Girls Said 2

• yeah they judge all girls, but not all of them have really high standards. in fact, I don't think most of them do. I've heard guys call girls pretty when I thought she was just OK. but yeah they do judge mainly on looks, I've never heard a guy give a girl 10 for personality lol

• I think it depends on the guys. I remember my senior year of high school, the graduating class went to a resort for a weekend and there were like ten or so guys just hanging out in the lounge sitting relatively close together, I was the only girl there...taught me quite a bit about guys, and as the girls were coming down to go into the party they would rate each one as f***able or not. They had terrible taste by the way. Anyways and even now in college I have a couple of guy friends who will sit next to me and rate the girls passing by 1-10.

Then again I have guy friends who aren't so shallow, but those are the rare breed.