Should a man wear a shirt or no shirt at the beach?

Do you think that a guy being shirtless at the beach makes him look like a narcissistic douchebag or wanker?

Do you think it's smarter to wear a shirt due to sunburn and skin cancer risks?

Are you repulsed by shirtless men or you don't care?

Share your thoughts

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the body shape that you have and if you're proud to not wear a shirt in public. It isn't arrogant to want to flaunt what you have. Due to things such as skin cancer however you should possibly wear a shirt for a little while or continuously apply sunscreen.

• Lose the shirt ;) & just wear sunscreen! It's the beach, you won't look like a douchebag. :)

• It doesn't really matter...whatever he feels comfortable in!

• I think it's okay to be shirtless at the beach.

• It's the beach, let yourself go!

• shirtless...but you can wear a shirt till you go in water or you wanna work on your tan (= hope I helped

• It's normal for a guy to be shirtless at the beach. A guy shirtless elsewhere...THAT makes you look douchey.

What Guys Said 5

• The reason I don't wear a shirt on the beach is because it's cooler.

I know I'm nothing to look at. You don't have to look at me.

It has nothing to do with others, I don't expect them to look.

But on a hot day (I miss those) when I want to cool down a bit I have no problem.

If anyone is offended by all my surgical marks, too bad.

Rarely do I see a woman going topless.

Yeah it's legal here. A little over a decade ago a woman got fined for being topless, she fought it in court and won. The prudes can't discriminate beause of gender now. But few women do it.

Am I repulsed by shirtless men? No. But as I said, I've had a lot of surgery. I am envious of them because they have normal chests without all the surgical scars.

• I think that unless you have an extreme sensitivity to sunlight there's no reason to HAVE to wear the shirt. That being the case I am one of those people with extreme sensitivities =( which is why I just don't go swimming or to a beach or pool.

• I think you're the only person who's putting too much thought into this. Just do what feels right to you. If you want to wear a shirt because of the things you said, do it. If you want to go shirtless because the summer breeze feels nice then do that. Don't be too worried about what one specific person says or what a couple of people say.

• I asked this question out of curiosity and to see peoples different opinions, it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I rarely even go to the beach anyway.

• It's mainly a girls question anyway!

• Lol I was thinking of putting that at the end of my second answer. Oh well, well you get a guys opinion now.

• shirtless is pretty standard in America (even if you its not visually appealing) as far as your health concerns you could just wear sun tan lotion tthats what it is for

• It's the beach bro, that's like the only place where you should't wear a shirt. You gotta get your bronze on and show off all the gym work you put in during the winter.