Are tattoos and piercings a trend?

I know for sure I want a belly piercing not because I want to fit in society. I think it'd look nice on flat abs.

Girls and guys are welcome. I really want girl's opinions. I don't want to look easy.
Thanks everyone it was good answers. (:

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like it, get it.

I got mine done about 7 years ago. I like it. I'll take it out eventually, but whilst I'm young I want to enjoy my body how I see fit. I don't show my stomach except for when I'm at the beach or whatever, so I don't see how it can make a girl seem easy unless she's got her guts out all day.

In my opinion, you can't "look easy" anyway. Being easy is about behavior . Granted, appearance can affect how people judge you and whatnot, but those people don't matter anyway. Hold yourself with class, confidence and dignity and you won't have to worry about looking easy.

What Guys Said 1

• Thankfully, it's becoming passe now, only teens are interested still.

What Girls Said 5

• I love belly rings. They look very hot in my opinion. I don't have one myself cause I can't sand thinking about the actual pain involved but if you want it get it. And it's definitely not easy at all. In today's society it's quite common.

• Yes, of course. That's why they've become so mainstream and popular.

I'm not really sure what to say to this question other than yes, they have, that's why so many people outside of the original groups who got them have them. That's why so many new piercings have been invented and so many tattoo shops opened. Also why we have a TV show about it.

• Tattoos are piercings will probably always be a trend. More so tattoos. It seems like when people get a certain age (17,18ish, and maybe 16), they want to get a tattoo. I like piercings, though.

• yes of course it's a trend

in general

there are some who do it for other purposes, though.

• I don't think it's a trend since it's been going on for thousands of years