Is cuteness generally more an advantage for girls than guys (physically)?

I'm at university and everywhere on campus I look the couples are usually a hot or cute girl with a more of a hot looking guy than a cute looking guy. There are a lot of attractive girls and they are either cute or hot but they never have trouble when it comes to dating. Even when it comes to my friends the girls who are taken are cute or hot but when it comes to guy most of them lean towards the hot side. Of course not all the couples I know are like this, just most of them. Do girls generally want to date guy more on the hot side than cute side? Is cuteness in a guy a turn off? I definitely lean towards the cute side if anything (not trying to sound conceited).

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd rather lean towards the cute side.

What Girls Said 5

• I personally don't make much of a distinction between "cute" and "hot" when I'm talking about guys. If I find them attractive, I'll use either word to describe them with no difference in meaning.

• Not at all for me! I love cuteness in a guy. I would rather cute than hot usually.

• I usually don't think of guys as "hot" I prefer cute to be honest, but I usually just think good looking rather than either of those terms.

• I always thought it was the other way around... I love cuteness in a guy and I know lots of girls do

• Yeah, because we can use the cuteness to get in and out of a lot :) Honestly, I do tend to prefer guys to be hot.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you're sort of right, at least when you're young. Being boyish isn't really a plus when you're 20. It is when you're older.