Guys getting shorter?

IS it just me or most of the guys are getting shorter .. 95% of em that I c are around the same height as girls( around 5.5)...very few are taller than 6 ..

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you may be right actually. I'm 28 and guys around my age seem to be the tallest (I'm 6'1" which seems to be slightly above average for my age group) - whereas guys in their late teens, and guys in their early/mid- twenties, who are already about as tall as they're ever going to get, tend to be quite a bit shorter.

What Guys Said 9

• If you look at the American data, it may be going down. European countries have higher averages. I suspect the American data is going down based on immigrants from non european countries who are maintaining their diet (i.e. not drinking tons of milk, which is the reason europeans are relatively tall, not genetics).

I suspect Caucasian Americans are the same height they were 30 years ago, but there's a wider mix of people around you and a lot of them are shorter.

You want tall guys, head to the netherlands. Tallest country on the planet. Its an extreme case, but there were three dutch guys where I work (two have moved on) ... they were 6'5, 6'7 and 7'

Made me feel short at 6'3.

• haha , well I'm not used to the American system but I'm not the tallest guy either . what I always tell people (and I will tell you the same thing) is that the human race gets shorter if you look at general evolution . It could be expected that we all be midgets in a billion years if all this still exists. however the past few 1000 years ( not long on evolutional view) people are getting taller and taller , against evolution. It depends on what people you know , it could be a coincidence that every guy you know is short. if I think about my friends they vary from 1m65 to 1m95 lol most of them are in the 1m75-85 region.

• Very seldom do I see guys shorter than like 5'8" so I don't know where you live.

• Guys have the weight of the world on our shoulders. Were not getting shorter were just hunched over.

• lol...i think weight of the world was more on the previous generations. of men...nowadays meh...they are more like kids in grown body.

if they can take care of themselves..that itself is a big accomplishment...generalizing ..i know!

• I'm 5'10'' and most of my friends are of similar height

• I'm 6'1 and people say I look intimidating :(

• I actually read the average is going up.

• maybe on different planet| ; p

• Well AFAIK, usually guys average between 5.5 and 5.8. Mine is 5.8. But I have seen boys with 5.5 as well and they are absolutely OK. They don't seem short or shorter.

• I'm 6'3". The average height for an adult male in the USA is 5'9.5". I believe that 5% or less of the population is 6' or taller and and like 2.5% are 6'2" or taller. Don't quote me on it. I haven't looked at the data in a while.

What Girls Said 8

• haha I agree. I'm 5'6 and I find a lot of guys my age (in college) are either my height, or a few inches taller

• my guy is 5'9

• Guys and girls are getting taller at a young age

• No girls are getting taller

• I reckon most are 5'8" - 6' which makes sense cos that's the average.

I'm 5'10" and I think most guys are eye level with me. Maybe it's just where I live.

• haven't noticed.

• Other races tend to be shorter, like asians, indians, mexicans, etc. Except for blacks.

Since there is more interracial marriage and dating, you will see more of this shortness being expressed as the phenotype, meaning that it is probably a dominant gene

• People ingeneral are getting taller at a younger age at least in my area