If a guy is average, does good style make up for it?

I would say I'm just an average guy, not ugly, not great looking. I do have good style though and well spoken. Can a guy's style make up for average looks and help him be more attractive to women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Most definetly. Keep good hygiene like having a clean face, white teeth, CLEAN HAIR, (I cannot stress this enough!) get a good haircut that flatters your face. Typically, I like when I guys hair goes into his eyes a bit but not too much. Always, always, ALWAYS wash your clothes. Just because they don't look dirty doesn't mean they smell good. (My brother does that so much. It's nasty.) When you have nice style, a girl can see that you care about your appearance which is a turn on. Just don't be so worried about it that you're constantly looking in the mirror checking your hair or something. You'll come off as metrosexual. Just make an effort to look...hot. Look at abercrombie or holister models (that actually wear clothes lol) they always look good. Lastly, smell like a hot guy. Invest in good cologne. It's a turn on. Lol I just realized I wrote a whole paragraph. Sorrrry. lol good luck.

• I think I'm pretty much covered on all that! :) It's just one thing... Hollister models and whatnot, models in general, look "hot" because they're very physically fit, and I'm not lol.

• Just find things that fit you right and make you look good :)

• I do my best haha. I mean like, I'm not that bad, or overweight, just kinda, sorta chubby... but not really lol.

What Girls Said 12

• yes it helps him. if you're average or below avg then you need to dress very nicely to make up for it. it balances things out

an average guy with a great style looks better than an average guy with an average style. also grooming helps a lot too. try to always keep a fresh cut, smell good and nice body, those 3 things will push things into your favor too

• Of course! You know, for me it is all about the guys demeanor. He has ropresent himself well and be confident about what he has to offer...if you are not interested in yourself, then why would a girl even take a second glance at you. As long as you have a warm and inviting/engaging personality, girls will find you attractive. You can be the most gorgeous guy ever, but if you don't put in the effort to look good, girls won't even notice. Also, I must say, looks fade so you have to have the personality to make them want to say. If you exude confidence, you'll be attracting girls in no time. Keep a positive attitude; you seem like a great, genuine guy!

• I suppose, as certain styles can make someone quite ordinary look more attractive. Some are more flattering than others.

• style is the key. some girls who are average can look hot with the right clothing

• Yes, a guy with a good sense of style is automatically much more attractive.

• Of course and a good personality. :)

• What is a good personality to you?

• Haha. Maybe they just don't understand what you're all about.

• I honestly think that you're totally right!

• Personality makes a bigger difference. But yes style does make you more attractive.

• sure. good style makes everyone better looking.

• A guy with a great sense of style is always a bonus, that plus personality would be a winner.

• This works for girls so why not boys...

• well what type of style do you have?

• I like casual clothing.

• Clean as in washed? lol or clean cut or clean shaven?

• clean cut I don't know if you're clean shaven lol ;P

• Personality plays the biggest role. Style doesn't really matter to me but it's a bonus. Why do you think you're average?

• I'm shy, and I have a few extra pounds on me. Nothing special.

• But that seems so difficult! I rarely ever find myself liking someone on top of it all too...

• Yeah I know exactly how you feel... I think lol.

What Guys Said 4

• Style + physically fit + good personality = winner!

• yep

• then...how would you define your style?

As for the part about being well spoken, that's a turn-on for some gals. I'm a fairly well spoken guy myself and some girls tell me that they find that quality attractive.

• Casual. I've also noticed that being well spoken also turns people away, it seems to make people either think you're strange or it's not something they're comfortable with for some reason.

• ah, casual. yes, some girls dig that.

being well spoken can be intimidating for some, yes. Also, it's strange when someone is being well spoken in a social situation that does not require it.

• I would assume only if none attractive is around, looks go far