What is the deal with blonde hair?

I'm naturally brown and it suits me way better than blond but when my hair was blond guys would look my way this goes for all my friends as well what's so great about blonds 2 guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer a brunette. Blondes are not rare. Every girl around my area is blonde.

• Thats what I said!! thank you!! I had blonde hair but everyone were I live does too so I dyed it to brown.

• Note I said REAL blondes are rare....there are a lot of dyed ones around. They look good, too, if properly maintained. Most guys can't tell the difference; including me!

• Still, it wouldn't make a difference.

What Guys Said 11

• Blond is much more rare and it is a very noticeable color.

Its shiny so obviously people will notice it.

Its natural for humans to notice something bright and shiny.

and a person looks much more alive for some reason with brighter hair.

I'm not saying you are not alive. I used to be blond then my hair darkened I used to get so many compliments saying how cute my hair is. Now it's every once in a while I miss it dearly.

• It's a matter of personal preference. All of us guys have different opinions. The guys near where you live might be physically attracted to girls with blond hair. Although they seem to have more a reputation..not saying that is a good thing. I think it's good that guys who used to look at you don't anymore because what kind of boyfriend would that be. Liking you because of your hair color?

I'm sure guys do still notice you except you don't notice them noticing you(Don't worry, I confused myself on that one). Anyways it seems like you just don't find the right crowd of guys who appreciate brown hair. Wouldn't you prefer it better if a guy noticed you for more than your hair color? Possibly good personality, or other features on you.

• I only go for natural blondes (and I have a very good reason for that but its off topic) I figure most guys just go for that hair color in general. This is possibly because being blonde has become associated with having fun. "Blondes have more fun" I've seen it on T-Shirts. If you actually died your hair blonde then you obviously want to have fun (and get guys attention) either that or you look better blonde. There could be other reasons too. So while you're blonde you're getting lots of attention and feeling better about yourself. When you feel better about yourself you will look in the mirror and like what you see. Blonde hair. You should feel good knowing you're attracting the right kind of attention (hopefully you are) guys who just want to have fun are assholes. (The curse of being blonde)

• I actually believe blondes are rare and that's why... think about it why do girls like guys with light color eyes like blue... its because they like the recessive guy the one that's not the same as anyone else. Blondes never were attractive to me until a year ago, but I still would date a brunette.

• It's a personal preference; I think real blondes are kind of rare, so they somehow seen more attractive to guys. Like the distinctly blonde Scandinavian women.

• I have to disagree with Zillidan cause blonde is not rare almost every girl you see nowadays has blonde hair... Honestly I'm a brunette person myself but as stated before it's a personal preference that differs from guy to guy!

• Yeah I agree blonde is not rare every girl walkin down d road nearly has blonde hair with extentions

• I think its a lot because it goes with that idolized perception of "beauty" that certain men have deemed part of their perfect women. Or maybe it just catches the eye easier, but I'm a brunette guy and I think you should stay brunette, the dark hair really makes your eyes stand out, and you have really pretty eyes =)

• Blond is overrated! I prefer dark hair!!! I live in cali and everyone around here is dying their hair blond its not that hot!! Brown for me is dull!!! I seriously would rather see a girl with many different hair colors as in go black to brunette to red to a hint of blond!!!

• I don't get the blonde thing either I mean like I was one of them girls b4 trying to be the blonde girl & dumbed myself down but now I just think omg how could I do that just be me! Never try be paris hilton or barbie! Or whatever

• I am from cali, and over here girls are natural, come visit Humboldt. I only see few bottle blonde around .

• If I may go all scientific for a moment girls hair gets naturally darker as they get older and the older you get the harder it is to have kids so a guy sees a girl with blond hair and subconsciously thinks she fertile she would make a good mate

Personally I've always preferred girly with dark hair as a rule

• Oh I have to disagree with your a guy thinks oh she's fertile the reality is they just think she's hot for some reason

• I honestly don't think its anything to do with age why guys like full lips, blonde hair etc.. because its just beauty if you have them which makes someone attracted to you if you look pretty or whatever not the fact they think there young no guys my age are thinking about kids no for a very very long time!! so its nothing to do with age

• I don't think that's what he means. It's all subconcious. He doesn't mean that guys our age are looking at you and going- "Golly, Dick! Check out that girl's hips, she could really hold a baby in there! And her breasts, man! She could feed it too!" It is about beauty in our culture, like you said, but a lot of that stems from our need to procreate. Never heard that about blondes though, but anything's possible I guess.

• Blonde hair is the same thing as big boobs and skinny waists. No one can explain why most guys find it attractive, but they do. The problem with all of those is most of the girls that come with those attributes are skanks and I wouldn't tell them the time of day. When it comes to girls I want to be with brunettes win every time.

• Oh, and medium to small boobs and a girl with a little meat on her bones, WOW. I don't want to see ribs, that's not healthy.

• Blondes are just more sexy than brunettes. Why? I don't know, it just is so. Perhaps I'm hardwired about it. And it's not about ''culture'' or ''idolization'' - some people are just giving you the answer you want to hear not the truth.

What Girls Said 1

• Bright blonde hair stands out, it makes you turn your head and notice somebody especially when it's long too. That's not to say dark hair isn't nice, I prefer it and I'm blonde but in a crowd generally blondes tend to stand out more. And a lot of guys seem to think blondes are more slutty than brunettes I don't know why.. You're lucky dark hair suits you I think it's gorgeous!