What fads never go out of style?

Everybody help! I'm writing a paper for school and I need to know what fashion fads never go out of style. I need asamy as you can come up with. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• fashion... well, then make up for women.

it transcends all cultures times and people of all class and creeds

if not piercing

thats been going strong all over the world. some just have the ears done. and others are looking for world records!

tattoos also are one. tho in some place like Japan, haveing a tattoo ment you were a convicted criminal. in Polynesia, it was seen as a way to carry you ancestor in to battle and was a sign of strength. and now today, they are for style.

try those. good luck =D

What Guys Said 7

• Nothing.

Some things move very slowly.

A couple of generations ago, jeans were for field workers and makeup was for hookers, which is why they were called 'painted ladies'.

"Suits' stay in for men, but a suit from 20 years ago will not be in style today, in most cases.

Men's dress shoes have been pretty stable. You could have purchased a men's dress oxford 70 years ago and it would still be fine today. But 150 years ago, boots would have been worn for formal occasions, not shoes, unless they were some sort of slip on shoe for dancing.

• By the way, you can google the preppy look or go to a site like www.vineyardvines.com.

Also I should have mentioned formal wear which stays in style at least for men.

• Preppy look.

• Converse All Stars (they've had the same design for over 100 years)

• Playboy logo

• dressed up look

• Anything paired with jeans. Ever since jeans were invented, they've become a staple for pretty much anyone who likes wearing them. You can pair them with almost anything and I consider it a fad

What Girls Said 9

• If a fad never goes out of style it's considered a classic.

Goggle: fashion classics.

Classics have specific attributes which make them what they are, you might want to look into those attributes.

If you're asking why "fads" reoccur, it's a simple matter of fashion economics and the consumer public's acceptance curve.

Fad would be the wrong term to use if you're hoping for anything above a C.

• If you've noticed, they all go out of style over a long span of history. But based on the past century or so, I think it's safe to say that clean-cut, simple, and classic clothing never goes out of style. Like basic cardigans, pencil skirts, oxford shirts, blazers, etc.

• well a fad is something that goes out of style quickly-so that's a bit of a paradox. but,whatever-i think chucks will never go out of style,also-dr martens

• jeans

• well, actually, that might not be true. what time period are we talking?

• classic colors like black,white and beige are always in fashion

also jeans, leather jackets, blazers are always cool

i guess cardigans are always nice too

• Wearing boots (I'm not talking about any particular style, just boots in general).

• i'd have to say jeans also if you're talking about fads.

• Nothing ever goes out of style imo. Fashions are always being recycled.

• I agree. I wouldn't say everything but definitely most.

• I believe fad in itself means a short term trend, so by what fashion fads never go out of style I think you might mean what styles/looks are timeless?

Anyhow certain things are classics and can always be worn. The work look-a nice classic pencil skirt and a solid white blouse is timeless. Throw in a nice blazer too.

A little black dress-something black with a fairly simple cut is always in style.

Black pointy toe pumps

A nice pair of dark wash plain straight leg jeans