Girls, a guy you think looks ugly shouldn't bother asking you out?

link

That question made me think about this, when a guy she thought was ugly gave her his number she thought it was

creepy. so should ugly guys never hit on attractive girls or else they will be deemed 'creepy'?

I'll let anons answer this.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• Just because someone does ONE thing that is "creepy," that doesn't mean I would consider him a creep lol. Honestly, I've done some pretty creepy stuff in regards to dating so I understand that people slip up sometimes or can be awkward or something lol.

anyways, I actually don't have very high standards for what is "attractive." in fact, everyone ALWAYS bitches at me about how I'm attracted to all of these "unattractive" guys.

but I also know that if you're approaching girls that are clearly just a step below VS models, you should sort of expect her to have pretty high standards. although all of this is extremely subjective, I think everyone would have a better success rate if they stopped looking for models.

but of course, no one ever goes for us average girls :p

• So is everyone just waiting for you to date a "hot" guy?

• not exactly. everyones really happy with my current guy, because he's the most f@cking cute guy in the worrrrllld. generally, they just want me to stop dating what they define as "ugly" guys and date more "average" guys.

idk, they all look yummy to me :P

• It's funny you ask this because I've known this guy for years and never thought of him as anything other than a family friend because our parents are friends. But recently because we're in the same class at college, I've been seeing him a lot and spending more time talking to him and he's really grown on me. He's never been attractive to me before: he isn't that tall and his skin is awful.

But like I said,I got to know him more and know more about his personality. I really enjoy talking with him, he makes me laugh and I find myself becoming attracted to him.

My point is, if a guy is ugly, no, he shouldn't think I'm ugly and no girl is ever going to agree to go out with me. He's going to have to get to know a girl better and let her know his personality first.

• That takes a long time though. Usually people won't go "Well maybe after two years of being friends she'll see how awesome I am."

• I know what you mean. And that's a disadvantage when you're not attractive. For both guys and girls. Someone isn't going to be instantly attracted to you so you're going to have to let your personality shine

• It's nice to know we can be friends with girls at least. I know I worry if girls don't even wanna be friends with an unattractive guy.

• the only way for an ugly guy to effectively do this is if they already know each other and she likes him already or is at least neutral. tbh approaching a girl who doesn't know anything about you except that she's not attracted, the ugly guy will have much less results.

and I know a lot of guys on here think that if the girl thinks the guy is creepy its just because he's ugly...well that's not true. creepy guys are often ugly, but not every creepy guy is like that. it could be a guy who looks perfectly fine, but his attitude and mannerisms make us see him as creepy and ugly. when you don't like someone, you attach negative traits to them even if they're not hideous. creepiness is a quality that oozes from inside out. if you're a creep, you will come off creepy. I'm not sure if creepy people are aware they're creepy though.

• Well, that's silly. Looks are subjective. How does the guy KNOW the girl won't find him attractive, or whatever?

For me, to be creepy you have to do something creepy. But I agree that girls will let you get away with things that are "creepy" and call them "cute" if the guy is good looking.

For example: I went to a festival a few weeks ago and a tall, good looking guy grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to him, and said "be mine" or some lame sh*t. I pulled away from him and laughed and said, "nice try, go try it on someone else". My girlfriends grabbed me and were like O.O "What are you doing? He's cute! Blah blah!" Besides the fact that I'm just not interested in guys now, this dude had a creeper approach. I don't like it when strangers touch me. But it seemed that my friends thought it was cute, but had it been an unattractive guy they would have thought it was creepy, you know?

So yes, a lot of girls will say that whatever an unattractive guy does is creepy - whether he ask for their number, say she looks pretty or freakin' pick up a book she dropped. But were a good looking guy to do it, suddenly it's romantic and appreciative. It's stupid and shallow, but its how the world works.

For me, I reserve "creepy" for the things that actually creep me out. I'd be flattered were a guy to do those things, regardless of how he looks. But it doesn't mean I'd be interested. I wouldn't be rude or anything, but I wouldn't pursue anyone who I wasn't attracted to, either.

• So silly, so should a guy just risk it regardless of whether a girl will think you're creepy or not?

• Yup. If the girl is a bitch then you shouldn't worry about it anyway, she clearly wasn't even worth your time.

• Um, this is hard for me..

I want to be really honest...if a guy is so ugly I can't bare looking at his face...i gurantee you...talking to him on the phone is as far as the relationship is going to get.

I am willing to be nice to peope who are nice to me. But with no attraction toward a man that likes me...I doubt I could tolerate...so..i guess if the dude is not willing to settle ass friends..he can GTFO.

That is my honest opinion.

• Yes, a guy I think is ugly has no chance with me so you could say he shouldn't bother asking me out. But then how's he supposed to know I'm not attracted to him if he never hits on me?

• even if he happened to have full confidence and was a really great guy, he still has no chance if he isn't attractive?

• relativize? what do you mean

• Relativize. To.. make something relative. While both sexes do it, women seem to drastically change their opinion of a guy's appearance relative to their emotional reaction to him. If they think he's funny, he'll be more attractive to them even if moments before they thought he was just an average guy -- or worse yet, ugly! It's sort of a backwards friend-zone; they suddenly become aware of a growing physical attraction, albeit one started by non-physical factors. 'tis quite odd.

• I just answerd her question if you care to look :)

• I never said ugly = automatically creepy. It was his behavior (writing me a note, and slipping it in my bag for me to find later) that made him creepy...

I probably shouldn't have called him ugly. But he was unattractive to me because he wasn't my type at all. I don't discourage guys from talking to me but they take it too far and want to date me right away when I'm not interested in them. That's all.

• Why was that creepy? Sounds like a cute idea to me. Unless it said "Call me for sex." with this number. lol

• Right.

• i think the whole slipping into her bag was a bad idea... I wouldn't be touching other peoples things before I knew them

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... There might be a guy we view as ugly but the girl finds him attractive, then he'd have a chance. I second what SnackG said.

• So should he risk being called creepy and ask her out?

What Guys Said 9

• The world creepy is like Skarmory and Blissey. Used too damn much.

writing a girl a note or giving her your number = creepy

not being attractive enough = creepy

asking her out in public = creepy

getting to know her through her friends = creepy

try getting to know her yourself = friend zoned

asking her out in a club when she's nearly drunk and can be easily taking advantage of by a 10 year old = sexy

Just can't win.

• Imo, the guy should ask her out anyway.

He doesn't know what her "taste" is. He shouldn't cross himself off as a dating option to her WITHOUT TRYING FIRST.

That self-defeating attitude is low self-esteem & low-confidence, and how is a girl gonna like you if YOU don't like you?

Again, this dude has to take his shot. :)

• I agree with what Snack said too and also about girls over using the word 'creep, creepy, and/or creeper'. I don't think girls could ever date a guy they find ugly. I honestly don't think anybody could date anybody they find ugly. Looks are a certain percentage of the total attraction.

• Well ugly is different than OK or a little below that. I don't think anyone wants to be with someone they find ugly. Looks do matter.

• Oh and girls throw out creepy very easily. It's really hard to believe a girl when they say creepy anymore.

• It's the school of thought I subscribe to.

• It's only creepy if he doesn't take a hint and proceeds in his attempts to ask her out, and takes it one step too far by doing so. Then it can be labeled as creepy.

• i pretty much agree, or go for a girl in his league

• creepy? that's so mean

• You shouldn't worry about it. A girl you've just met doesn't know you well enough to be able to say whether or not you're creepy. If she thinks you're a creep, that's her problem.