Girls, she didn't take my jacket, why?

I was out with a close female friend a couple nights ago. We were waiting at the tram station, she was wearing a fleece vest and didn't have long sleeves underneath, I had a windbreaker. Though she didn't complain, she looked somewhat cold, judging by the goosebumps on her arms. I started pulling off my jacket to give it to her, and she pretended to fight me off (just got into a boxer's pose). At that point I just said "ok" and put my jacket back on. What?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her if the jacket smelled bad to her. Sounds weird, but will probably prompt into her answering why she didn't take it.

"I couldn't do that. It's your jacket not mine" = not interested, was too forward

"You were cold yourself/Didn't want to make you" = you screwed up, she would've taken it

If she agrees the jacket smelled weird, she doesn't want to date you until you change body washes. Do not use bar soap.

• So I'd take it that this is a good strategy for a variety of things. Get met with resistance of some sort, tease her about it, see what happens.

• Yes- it is a very handy method when not done too often (or it may become cheesy)

What Girls Said 4

• She doesn't want to come across as "the frail female"/ "the damsel in distress"... Just mail me your jacket. I'm always freezing, lol.

• She may want to stay just friends and thinks that taking the jacket would make it seem like she likes you as more

• ...Dont sweat the small stuff lol

• thats weird. If I was cold, I would happily take a jacket lol

maybe if you would have playfully knocked her hands down and insisted on giving her your jacket, she probably would hae taken it. But it look like you didn't put up too much of a fight so it was like whatever...she probably was like damn, I should have taken it lol

Then again, some girls are so worried about looking cute, that they would skip wearing a jacket and freeze to show off their "cuteness". lol my sister does it all the time (go to football games in mini skirts and freeze but don't care cause she "look cute" lol

What Guys Said 1

• She probably senses (correctly) that you'd like to morph this friendship into something romantic, and she doesn't share the sentiment.

• And if she did she might not anymore.

Ask her if the jacket smelled bad to her. Sounds weird, but will probably prompt into her answering why she didn't take it.

"I couldn't do that. It's your jacket not mine"= not interested, was too forward