Are my round glasses a turn-off?

I'm female, 17 and I wear round tortoise shell glasses, (sort of 1970s style.) I think it adds a bit of Annie Hall-era androgyny to my otherwise feminine style-- floral shirts or dresses, lipstick, blush, etc. Some people have called them "Harry Potter" glasses. I personally love them but I'm wondering: are these glasses really a turn off? Would people who would otherwise give me a chance not be able to look past them? What do you think about a girl in glasses, and about the shape?

Most Helpful Girl

• those glasses sound rad.

i wear some from the 1970's era and people call me their grandma, lol.

What Guys Said 4

• In my opinion, if anything it's a turn on. There's nothing wrong with wearing glasses to enhance the style you want. That's what they're for. But that's just it, it's the style YOU want, not what other people want. You have to decide if you care what other people think or if you care about what you think more. I wear what people call "hipster glasses" and will be getting my prescription in them soon. I love them, but get made fun of them. I find it funny, because a lot of the people who have made fun of me for it have tried them on as a joke and ended up getting a pair for themselves or something like it. If someone really wants to get to know you, they will look past the glasses for the real you. That person will probably be a lot more worth it than the other variety.

Short Answer: No, keep the round glasses. Do what YOU want.

My friend Erica decided that she couldn't take herself seriously in them.

(Can't post pictures in answers yet, check my profile for them)

My friend Sandahl decided that she likes them so much, she has two pairs.

Since then, these glasses have been spread around and people have been accepting them. Belleville is slow in comparison to Toronto for fashion and style. You're lucky. I want to move back to Toronto.

• they are very good you should wear them

• Nothing wrong with that. Not a turnoff

• Not really, I look at a girl from an overall stand point to determine if they are attractive or not. So, funky glasses with a cute face, would not be a turn off for me.

What Girls Said 5

• like Ozzy Osbourne glasses? link

• I LOVE it when people wears round glasses. I do too even thou I don't fit in them XD

• No, it's cute! =D

• Hey if you like them that's all that matters. If you think you look sexy in them, than that's the deal :)

• round glasses are not so attractive to guys, no