Why do you think guys assume that girls lie when they say the guy's height isn't as important as his character?

Why do you think guys assume that girls lie when they say the guy's height isn't as important as his character? Most of the guys say the guy's height is THE MOST IMPORTANT criteria for girls at that.

to those girls who say it's just in the guy's head:

that's what one of many girls say about the height factor:

"I want to say face but I don't think I can date a guy that is much shorter than me."

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Because it's true. Heightism is the last bastion of bigotry. While I'm not saying ALL women are that way, it *is* true that height is associated with physical prowess and is itself, a primary attractor. It's

It's normal to not find someone attractive for many conventional reasons, but the ones who specifically prefer taller guys are the ones who make it worse for everyone. They poison the experience for shorter men, and make all women seem shallow. And many women *are* shallow. "Shallower than a puddle in Death Valley".

What Girls Said 9

• Height is indicative of some level of physical prowess/strength. Notice how guys stand up straighter when they're trying to impress and/or ward each other off -- even the ones who have the tendency to slouch when they're relaxed.

Because they place a lot of importance on the physical/visual/tangible, they think it's logical for women to do the same and often second guess our words when we say "X doesn't matter to me"...

• I'm a girl that's 5'9" and I noticed over the years that all the guys I like were shorter than me ha ha heck I even called one of them shorty I still do even though now he's maybe 1 or 2 inches taller than me. It doesn't matter is what this tall girl says!

• Respectfully, I have to ask: Do you call black people the N word? or Korean people the G word? If not, then what makes you think it's acceptable to call a shorter person by a pejorative for something they can't change?

• no I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way his name is really different so when I was talk to my friends its just what I call him he made fun of me all the time for being tall to and what instrument I play

• Guys have it in their heads that they need to be tall to be manly and attractive. While it's true that girls like taller guys, no girl is not going to be with someone she cares about just because he's shorter. I think guys also feel more masculine around other guys if they're taller. It's mostly an ego thing, like penis length (and almost any girl will tell you that that's not the most important thing either). But it doesn't matter, it's always gonna be like that and guys are always going to be concious of it.

• Height isn't important to me, my last boyfriend was around an inch shorter than me and I'm about 5'5. It would just be a benefit, but I really don't care. Personality matters most to me.

• Height isn't the most important. At all. Of course, I'm a short girl, so I guess I've dated my fair share of short guys. It's just, a lot of short guys THINK that no one could ever like someone as short as them, so they're all insecure. Confidence is the number one most important thing. If you're confident in yourself, your height is only going to be a slight roadbump.

• height isn't the most important. I'm 5'7. I've dated guys shorter and taller than me. tis all good.

• I dated a guy who was a couple inches shorter than me and I fell in love with him. Girls fall in love with guys because of who they are not their looks.

• I won't say height doesn't matter at all. But I personally don't care as long as he is a good few inches taller than I am.

I would much rather have a guy who is 5"7 with a personality and character that I adore than a 6"0 tall guy I don't like to be around.

• its by no means the most important thing and I don't know why guys assume women are lying when we say that, that doesn't mean that height isn't important to some women though...I mean I'm short so most all guys are taller than I am so maybe that's the difference? women of average height might like a man who's alittle taller? guess this just isn't something I ever thought about because I"m only 5'1" not too many guys shorter than that lol

What Guys Said 9

• Guys are attracted girls with big breasts. Fact.

Girls are attracted to men who are taller than average. Fact.

However, guys are also attracted long legs, nice hair, a beautiful smile, a perky butt and girls are also generally drawn to muscles, wide shoulders, a handsome face, a good fashion sense etc..

Height is just ONE aspect. And we're just talking about PHYSiCAL traits.

Seriously guys, stop having a napolean complex and before you ask me to shut up I'm 5'5 which is like a good 2-3 inches shorter than my countries average.

Stop feeling sorry and bitter for yourself and do something about it. The more you care about it the more you repel others. YES, height is a big factor and why is it important? Because it gives a guy prescence. Height is NOT the only way to have prescence.

• The lying thing: Because your(girls in general) reputation proceeds you. We've seen so many times you say you want, for example, a good character guy, but go for something else.

It's not a negative that you consider a guy's height when looking for a mate. Girls can be shallow. Guys can be shallow. It is what it is.

• cos I think its really not important? I'm 6'1 and am having trouble getting girls. I'm not ugly either, just not the conventional handsome. No girl goes for a guy just for his height.

Height is just a bonus, but if too short, its a deal breaker for most. But I would think that the facial appearance is most important together with personality.

• Sheesh. You sound like a very short guy.

• A lot of girls will say height isn't important, but to see the truth just look a the dating websites; even the girls who are 5 feet tall will put in their specs that they want a guy 5-10 or taller.

• it doesn't

its one of those things you say to someone you'll understand when you're older or mature

if someone doesn't like you because of your age then she isn't or ever was worth much of your time anyways

my friend (he's about 5'6") tells me all the time how he gets girls and such

height doesn't matter brah

• Height is one of the attractive features a man/female has. Tall girls are hot and same goes to some guys.

• Agreed for guys yes, but girls... I don't know most tall girls aren't attractive if they're too tall for men in general.

• I personally like tall girls.

Long legs on a girl is my weakness. I would pick a girl with sexy legs over t*ts/ass.

• Oh wow that's intense! lol Tall girls for you then! :D

• its because guys notice that girls will SAY one thing matters and when it comes time to make a descision they will DO another. I have heard time and time again girls chatter about how much character and being a good guy etc. etc. is what is important. then sure enough tall manwhore badboy comes along and they are damn near fighting over him. and there is no need to fight, because he is going to f*** all of them behind each others back before its over anyway.

but yea: girls everlasting tendency to talk about what they want but do the complete opposite is why guys say that and also why guys in general thing the average girl is full of crap in every conversation that comes up about her in terms of relationships. there are exceptions, but generally speaking it is this way.

• Weeeeell in my experience, the shorter guys do not get as much attention as the taller ones...