Any other guys (or girls) tired of t-shirts being too short?

I don't know what has happened to t shirt makers to think that the nation is full of short fat people. It seems like nearly every t shirt I buy is too short now. I'm not asking for a super long shirt, but something that still covers my stomach if I slightly raise my arms would be nice. I'm only 6 feet tall so its not like I am way above average, most of my friends are taller than me. I am ending up buying shirts a size bigger now just to try and get a little extra length, but they mostly just go bigger width wise. Anyone else notice this and is as fed up with it as I am?

Most Helpful Girl

• they are catering to fat Americans

What Girls Said 4

• Story of my LIFE, dude. Girls tops in general seem to be way too short for me to wear comfortably. Unless it's like a tunic style top, in which case it's just barely longer than what I'd consider normal on me, lol. Maybe I just have a long torso, but I get sick of having to wear a long tank under like 75% of the tops I own or try on just to keep from exposing my stomach. =P

• I'm tall and skinny and I've never had this problem.

• yeah. maybe the economy is bad and they are saving money by cutting corners. I feel your pain. Though you know, actually women's singlets and tops they make extra long cos its in style, but poor guys.

• I'm tall and skinny and I find that girl shirts are too short. They show my stomach when I raise my arms, which I hate. Sometimes I get men's shirts in the smallest size because they're longer.

What Guys Said 5

• yessss, I've seen some cool ass band t-shirts that I couldn't buy because they were only made for kids or someone much smaller than me.

• Ya it sucks, the thing that sparked this question was after washing my shirt I bought at the Foo Fighters concert and it was really short. I am so pissed I spent $25 on something I probably won't wear now.

• You can get medium-tall from some stores. Lands End and the gap I know have them.

• Are your measurements kind of in between two sizes? I don't really have this problem. Try buying a size bigger then intentionally shrinking it in the wash? May or may not work.

• No I wear a Large, but most shirts shrink up lengthwise, and end up only being about an inch past my waist.

• Hmm not sure what to tell you. I don't have problems with any tees in medium or small.

• My undershirts are too small they come up to my bellybutton. But they are under my shirts so no one sees them anyway. I do like the way they feel when I move they rub on my belly. lol

• Nope. I'm short and muscular and kind of like my shirts to fit me. Not only for superficial reasons, but also because when the shirt is tighter, it doesn't trap air and keep me hot (I live in a very hot climate).