How many of you people wear heels on a regular basis?

Sometimes I feel kind of out of place because I don't wear heels. I can't because of my height (I'm a little over 5'10", and even a kitten heel makes me too tall to talk to people comfortably, who for the most part seem to be much shorter than me). So I'm wondering if because I want to be able to wear heels in public, I notice them more, and it seems like a lot of girls are wearing them, or do a lot of girls actually wear them casually (not on dates and special occasions).

Guys, if you feel like you need to participate (and you don't wear heels, totally awesome if you do by the way), do you like when girls wear heels with nowhere to go, or do you prefer to only see them on a date or special occasion.

• I wear heels all the time/I like to see girls in heels all the time
  • I don't wear heels/I don't like girls wearing them with nowhere to be

Most Helpful Girl

• I bought these 2.5 in heel boots last year, and I never really worn them til this fall. They are a 3/5 on the comfy scale and look very cute with my style. I always get compliments on them. Also, this summer, I bought a one inch wedge looking sandal (I don't really like wedges, but mine aren't too bad). They kind of look like this link but mine are a sandy brown.

As for dressy heels, I wear those for special occasions, but I hardly go anywhere anyway. :/ And the boots mentioned above have only been worn a few times so far. Otherwise, it's TOMS all day.

What Guys Said 8

• I hate when women wear heels. I hate the sound they make when they hit the ground. I hate being able to hear their footsteps. I like women to wear rubber soled shoes, so I can't hear their footsteps. When I can hear them, like I can with heels, the sound waves enter into my ear and echo through my skull. It makes me want to scream.

• Wearing 3 inch heels is totally fine at your height. Wear them. I'm sure you will look great in them. Try it.

• I've tried and guys tell me I look more intimadating. Girls say I make them feel too short, and insecure. So I just stopped wearing them unless I have to.

• I only wear heels on Friday nights out with my BFF's.

• I wear my stulettos all the time!, specially when I go out for girls to start hitting me, so then they can buy me drinks and then blow them off!

• *slowly raises hand*

• why are you raising you're hand?

• Well that man is right here, in the flesh...

• count me out feet werent ment to be at that angle

• No, I do wear then on a regular basis... only special occasions. lmao.

• I prefer girls who wear them (that are already 5'6", 5'7"). I'm 5'8" and if they make her taller than me (with them on) then I like it (it's a fetish of mine). If she's already too tall, then I wouldn't like it

What Girls Said 33

• Who says you can't wear heels? Heels are for everyone. You have a beautiful height...and should be proud of that.

• I wear them when I need to be dressed up, but otherwise no. I wear converse, flats, and sandals mostly.

• I don't wear heels much, but dude.. I'm 5'9" and I love being taller than everyone when I wear them! hahah discomfort is the only reason I don't bother more often.

• I only wear heels to formal events.

• I bet that I will regret it in the future when my feet are screwed up or when I break and ankle, but I wear them twice a week, typically. Basically on my two days off from work. I just love shoes so much that I have to have them, so of course it would be silly to never wearthem.

• I like my flats, my converse and my tennis shoes, or best yet, when possible, barefoot. Heels are cute and some I wish I could wear or buy, but in all honesty, I know I never would. I find that on my campus, most girls go with whatever shoes, while the fashion majors love their heels. It's just not practical, especially if you're on a large campus.

• I never ever wear heels unless it's a special occasion. If it's not an event or a party or dinner at a nice place, no where I go is formal enough to get away with heels. Why anyone would want to be in discomfort when they don't have to be is beyond me.

• My boots give me an extra inch and a half, does that count? :P

I walk way too much outside on the day to day to even think of wearing heels. I'll rock the pumps for professional-formal occasions. And I own heels...just don't have a lot of reasons to wear them...

• i love heels and the pain and discomfort they give me! lol..i know it sounds weird but I actually like it ! and its only sometimes it hurts! I'm 5'4 so I feel uncomfortable wearing them because than I feeltaller than other people and I like being the shortest:( I wish I could wear them more often:( if you're 5'10 and wear heels, good for you! you're brave ha ha :P

• I wear heels like I've worn them my whole life

But to be honest I never really wear heels xD

So people are surprised when I wear some and shocked that I don't thrip with them xD (im a clutz)

You don't need to wear heels to be feminine/girly

Just wear something cute/pretty/elegant etc that feels comfortable with you :3

• I love heels but I would have foot problems if I wore them every day, no matter how supported they are. I wear them on dates maybe but definitely not daily

• if you like them, wear them and screw what anyone else thinks! I'm 5'8'' flat-footed and 6'1'' in my highest heels and I've never had issues with having guys coming up and talking to me. You just have to be confident. If a guy is intimidated then that's his own insecurity and you shouldn't let it effect you. We shouldn't dress for guys anyway.

• I wear sneakers mostly, but I like heels too. I wear sneakers because I am prone to tendinitis.

i didn't vote because there was no middle option.

• I like to wear 1.5 inch heels quite often. Do they count? I just find them a lot more comfy than flats. I feel pretty tall-ish when I'm in them, though (I'm 5'7.3), but I don't mind that too much.

• I wear them most days, but mine aren't over the top fancy or anything like that. And they're not entirely uncomfortable, either. I just like them because they make me feel sexy, haha. But on the days where I need to walk pretty far to my classes, I wear my super comfy shoes. :P

• I'm 5'2 & don't because I'm not very good at walking in them and I find them to be uncomfortable.

I rather barefoot or some flats

I mean, to school dances I will wear high heels, but most girls take their heels off before heading onto the dance floor

• I live in my heels.

• No. I don't wear them all of the time. They're uncomfortable.

I will wear them to special events though.

• I sometimes wear then casually but I wear them at work all the time. We actually have to wear heels. I work at a fashion store.

• I don't

• im 5'11 and ALWAYS wear heels! I love them!

sure sometimes it feels little out of place, but for the most I love it. I love feeling super tall, I feel like I can do anything!

• Im 5'9" and I find that if you want to wear heals, make sure you have book jeans on. It makes you feel less like a giant and people don't look at you like you trying to get attention because they can't see how tall the heel is :)

• I would wear them more often if they didn't rub the back of my heels to the point of making me bleed. :(

• i'm only 5'6 I wear heels when I like it...but most of the time I wear a flat doll shoes or flat shoes and flat sandals...but most of my boots are with heels:::

• I don't wear them. Never have.

• I wear heels on special occasions, like parties or for a girls night out.

But I don't wear them obsessively every day.

• I've worn heels once in my life. Never again. Wouldn't even wear them on my wedding day.

• I'm about 5'2" which I think is pretty short so I wear heels all the time but for me 3 inch heels are more comfortable then flats.

• I wear them sometimes. Parties and such. But there are days when I just feel like wearing them, makes me feel powerful and I kinda like that.

• 3" heels everyday

• More from Girls
    3