Do girls care if a guy dresses better then them?

for example, I'm a guy, 18, I wear pretty nice clothes and a lot ta times at class ill see attractive girls in like sweatpants and a tee or other kinda cheap stuff, and I'm in designer jeans, with a fresh shirt and a pair of Jordans and I don't know I feel like the girls would feel weird, like they expect the guys to just wear b ball shorts and beaters.

Most Helpful Girl

• If a guy doesn't dress moderately well (as in wearing gym shorts every day) and he doesn't keep himself clean, he's not going to get my attention, or at least in the sense of me being attracted to him. That's just me though. I don't really care much about name brands and the latest fashions, but yeah, I don't know... if a guy's dressed better than me, that's fine, I probably wouldn't think too much about it.

What Girls Said 8

• Well, personally it bothers me a little bit. This may seem a little strange but if a guy puts serious effort into his appearance then I immediately lose interest. Button of shirts or polos or whatever are fine in my opinion, but designer jeans? I don't really like it when a guy cares more about his appearance than I do mine. I'm not saying that you should go around in a wife beater (yuck) but if you're decked out in designer brands then maybe you should tone it down a little.

• lol at the comments...xX

Um I think if your not like big headed about your appearance, then girls won't red flag you as such and will be flattered to know that you find them attractive in their sweatpants lol.

Not to say you're big headed though I mean you can dress well and not be, but when you look great AND have a great personality, we usually embrace it :)...xX

• I would maybe feel a bit intimidated, because I would most likely not be able to feel very calm around you at first, that is if your clothes aren't relaxing.

I myself doesn't think much about designer clothes or anything. I wouldn't say just because your clothes would be more expensive you would dress better than me, you can find great clothes that's not designer or expensive.

• I love when guys dress nice! There was a guy tutoring me for a few months, and he dressed up Everyday...sometimes ties, nice dress shirts..his hair done everyday. I was extremely attracted to him...he dressed like the guy version of me.

• Yes, I'd like that.

• we love it! especially if he finds us attractive in our sweatpants :D

• No girl wants to be with a guy that looks/ dresses better than her. at least I dont

• Designer jeans are a waste of money.

What Guys Said 1

• They probably just think - "he looks like he's trying too hard. Should save it for the weekend."