Guys, how often do you actually feel intimidated by "hot" girls?

People throw around the term "intimidation" a lot when talking about why hot girls don't get asked out, but sometimes I wonder how common that actually is.

Do you guys frequently see girls you would be far too intimidated to talk to or is that a rare scenario.

Do you think your fear stems from how you feel about yourself...like if you frequently feel intimidated...do you then also feel like you are ugly/inferior?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I would say intimidated. but I would say discouraged, like " oh she would never give me a chance, just look at her". its not worth a try

What Guys Said 6

• Actually I've met plenty of so-called 'hot' and 'pretty' girls in my life (esp. at parties - the look but don't touch type?) but they just don't interest me because their INTERESTS are too shallow (I feel) compared to mine - because I'm an honest and hardworking person at heart, and not the type to jump at someone just because of their looks. There has to be more to that person in my opinion for her to be worth my while, like outlook, honesty, habits, compatibility etc. That's why I take a long time finding the right person in my life...because you can't make them just on looks alone.

• many times because I assume you are taken already, and I don't want to creep you out or make you uncomfortable since the hot girls are more paranoid, because one girl a very long-time ago, a little over 7 years ago, I was 16, accused me of stalking her when I never meant any harm toward her, since then I've always tried to be very cautious when approaching a hot girl

• Every single day. :\

• nope I'm not imtmidation by hot girls

• I wouldn't say it stems from my insecurities, but I do keep in mind that it would take a lot to get to know her, and if I made friends with her, it is HIGHLY unlikely that we have any interests together (science, imagination, poetry, romantic things).

Usually hot girls KNOW they can get any guy they want, so the spend their teen/20's with guys who they WISH were decent people, but aren't really, like the party animals, the street racers, the bad boys, the cool guys etc. Later in life when they realize that the spent their early years getting on with their looks, and that a younger generation will have a better chance with the guys they once liked and that the guys they liked will have little ability to maintain a relationship, the tend to go out and use what is left of their looks and personality to find a guy who has it made becasue he didn't go out partying every week and spent his time doing something useful.

Although this isn't me, I go out partying every week and still get high distinctions in science at university, but I choose not to go out with hot girls, because I have little faith in them to play 'the game' fair and stick to me, they would be happy with a solid foundation, but would rather venture out and find more exciting people, which is fine.

Long story short, I don't find them intimidating, I just hook up with them at parties and kind of forget them, but I wouldn't trust one of them with my heart nor the amount of effort I would put into a relationship with a girl.

• If you watch Big Bang Theory, Howard is quoted as saying.."she would never go out with me because of how I look". Lets face it, most "hot" girls are "shallow". While, personality comes in place, she HAS to be attracted to you to mate. He winds up with a girl who is a little more his level.

• lol...guess I'm not hot then.

• "hot" isn't a reality, it's a feeling. If you feel hot, you'll appear hot. That's why you see people with the lowest of confidence getting people they never thought they could.

What Girls Said 3

• This is true. I hate the feeling of it, it's like... I won't bite...

NOT saying that I'm hot or anything, but that's what I get told so idk

• The really really pretty girls at my school always have a boyfriend so I don't know.

• I do think it is true that really attractive girls, especially if they have a hot body, get a lot of the wrong attention, like primarily sexual, from horny a**holes who don't give a sh*t about the girl and just want to f*** her and are not shy or scared to show it.

I do think some guys get intimidated by girls. Funny, a lot of times the ones who may be intimidated are probably the ones who would make good boyfriends.

• What's that feeling called when someone says something that just makes you feel all warm inside..yeah, that last part did that for me :)