How do like to be described as..hot,..pretty etc.?

So I've been wondering...what would you rather be described as?

Girls: Sexy or pretty? And BOYS-what the heck is the difference?

For example-To me Sexy=Megan Fox / Pretty=Natalie Portman

Beautiful=Angelina Jolie

Guys: Do you want to be described as Handsome, Hot or Cute?

Handsome= George Clooney /Hot=Johnny Depp/Cute=Ashton Kutcher (minus the cheating part) lol

So why or how would you describe a woman and what makes her pretty instead of sexy. Girls the same for you...what makes a man hot instead of cute?

I personally prefer if I was described as beautiful! sexy seems only temporary!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sexy = body + attitude

Pretty = nice face

A girl who has a lovely face but whose body is featureless and stick thin, or has no "lust appeal" to her attitude would be pretty. It describes the aesthetic qualities of the face, nothing more.

A girl who moves with a sexy attitude and has a nice body shape would be sexy, regardless of her face.

Beautiful is an aesthetic that touches me on an emotional level. I would never describe a woman as beautiful because the look of a person doesn't have that impact on me. Scenery, however, would. Nature does. Architecture does, too. But not people.

Now, onto guys.

I guess if I was going to be called one of the three I would want it to be hot because handsome makes me think of a specific type of guy who I am not and do not want to be. It makes me think of the classy, business suit, proper upper class gentleman. That's not me, and it's not who I want to be or identified with. Cute is a word that should only be described babies or small furry animals IMO, so unless I share qualities in common with a cooing newborn baby or a guinea pig, I'd rather not be called cute.

• Not a big fan of hot either because I don't want to be recognized for sex appeal/anything to do with sex.

• I love your comment! Made me smile! and your so right on!

• Thanks =) I have unique opinions on a lot of things lol

What Guys Said 13

• Sexy - evokes lust. Pretty - nice to look at.

Sexy is a little more driven by body then face, and pretty more face then body. Plus there are things that may turn you on even though they're not that pretty, like a guy who likes huge breasts may not think 'how pretty' but they turn him on. For me, there's a sized butt that is ideal, and then there's a size or two bigger then that where I think it should be smaller ... but I still want to pound it.

Personality can also have an impact. A girl who seems asexual will be more 'pretty'.

You can be pretty and sexy and hot.

'Pretty' has the highest standards in terms of aesthetics. You can be pretty and sexy or pretty and cute, but you might not be. I think a good example of being 'pretty' on its own is Nicole Kidman. She doesn't come across as very sensual (to me at least) and wasn't super 'cute'. Very pretty though.

'Sexy' requires more sex appeal, but has lower threshold of how pretty. Any girl who has been called a 'butterface' is sexy but not pretty or cute.

'cute' tends to suggest more of a youthful look, or a naive personality. Tend to be short, small noses, etc. etc.

Trying to think of other good examples. Like ... Drew Barrymore, when she looks good, can be cute/sexy, but isn't super pretty. I'd say Angelina Jolie is pretty/sexy, I wouldn't call her 'cute'.

• Usually I don't like the attention at all, I kinda like to fade into the background

But can I be dreamy ;P

• pretty is just a weak form of beautiful. id rather be called hot than handsome and I think of cute as more negative than anything. puppies are cute, babies are cute, I don't wanna be cute

• Anything positive is just fine ;)

• I hate being called sexy, huge turn off for me. It's something my friends call me when I'm about approach a girl to boost my confidence. So hearing from a girl is turn off for me and makes me think of her as promiscuous.

'you look good' it probably the best compliment for me. ( just to know, she is okay with how I look)

For girls, I rarely compliment them and when I do I just 'you look pretty' or just compliment what attracted me to her.

• I'd prefer handsome. I mean I'm growing older and getting thought of as a cute 50 year old down the line would seriously be bad.

In terms of women..I think pretty is kind of that cute girl with a kind of innocence and sexy is the hot girl with presumably no innocence.

But I know most guys myself included like that good girl who might be a freak in the sheets type. Straddling that pretty and hot boundary. Ex: Jessica Alba. Real cute...but I believe not too innocent. Understand this and you'll be irresistible.

• Me, I don't like to be described as cute, I'd rather handsome or hot. I find cute usually refers to a behavior or something.

• I prefer handsome, but I get "pretty boy" or "fine" from time to time. I'm 31 now and definitly rathe be called handsome. Well with women I rate there looks as: Cute, Pretty, Beautiful, Exotic beauty, Hot, and Just Ok.

• I like to be described as curvy

• Any compliment is a good one...seen as though to date, I've had 0.

• megan fox is gross... jennifer white is hella hotter then her. and she is all real

• first off, megan fox? skinny ass bitch, ever look at her photos? the woman has NEVER smiled for any camera. and she has the nerve to claim she will one day be the NEXT angelina Jolie...not gonna happen.

• Honestly I don't see what the big deal is about Jolie either...

• well, I admit, years ago, jolie wasn't so hot, with the drugs, cutting herself. but she picked herself up, and got her act together (lets see lohans' do that) she she found herself some class. it took her some time. but now, I would describe her as "elegant"

• Their just examples:) Give your types?

• curvy and confident and a amazing body = sexy

A pretty face = pretty

beautiful = pure perfection

What Girls Said 10

• I'd rather be cute, pretty, or beautiful any day. Hot and sexy are nice too but they're not exclusive from the cute/pretty group. Someone can definitely be cute but also at times be sexy. I wouldn't want to be the 'sexy' girl all the time because I feel like there's much less substance to it.

• i like it when my boyfriend calls me Gorgeous... makes me feel good :)

i like calling him sexy, wonderful, handsome, pretty

• I like being called cute and pretty c:

And Cute for guys, to me, is like younger attractive. Almost boyish looks.. just cute c: And I like cute guys over sexy/hot/handsome guys lol, just sayin (;

Sexy is like older guys (20-35) that look like they're probably getting laid every night lol

Hot is like sexy but it's for any age under 40...Like guys who are ripped (but not grossly) and tan and just..yummy ahaha... But I still prefer cute guys..Cute guys look like they give a sh*t while hot/sexy ones only go for hot/sexy women lol

And handsome is like the 30+ kind of cute... Just for older guys. I don't think I have every said anyone was "handsome" before X)

• intelligent

• i like to call guys handsome NEVER pretty. Hot is about the way a guy carries himself aka attitude,intelligence and good looks--gives off a confident vibe. Handsome is more of a classy guy with extremely good looks and cool/laid back kinda aura.

as for me...i really don't care...

• Really, I'm more than fine with any of these in context. :)

Beautiful seems the most encompassing of complements though.

• sexy is so generic -__-

beautiful, but only by someone who really means it.

You can't toss around a word like that cause it's more than skin deep <3

• I would prefer to be described as beautiful rather than hot, pretty is OK too, cute is fine if I know it's said with the best intentions.

• pretty, gorgeous and cute

• I like both. I just don't really like hot. Hot is like "I just want to f*** her now". Sexy is "she really turns me on, there's just something about her as a whole". I think sexy is a compliment. Pretty means good looking. Beautiful is extremely good looking and striking, often with a very unique look.

I like sexy and beautiful, together. :P

Your examples are very good actually.

• Thanks girl! Yeah hot makes girls feel like a piece of ass. :( Beautiful I think can stillbe sexy but classsy,