Tattoos at age 16, what are your opinions?

I've seen some kids that are 16 that have tattoos, personally I think they are OK at that age, but some people don't. What do you guys think about at 16 kid with tattoos? Just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• as someone who's sixteen,NO,just...DON'T,you have years to demolish your body in any way you want to,at least wait till you're done developing your style,opinions,personality in general-that way you're cutting the possibility of regretting it in half

What Girls Said 13

• No I think 18 and up is a much better age because they are (hopefully) more mature and will be able to make decisions better. I like tattoos on guys so I have no problem with them but some people regret them later on in life after getting them at a young age and I suppose it would be worse for a 16 year old.

• I don't even notice. It's just like a piercing or any ornamental body art, it's just a tattoo so I really could care less if I had a 16 year old son/ daughter with a tattoo. so aka it's not a big deal.

• I don't think 16 year olds have the foresight to make such a permanent decision, at least not most 16 year olds.

When I was 16 I wanted a purple fairy tramp stamp. Yuck.

• I don't like tats because there aren't too many things that I want to keep forever. Art wise, I like to change it up, move things around, change things around. I get tired of seeing the same things all of time.

Same thing with clothes, jewellery, hair styles, etc. I wouldn't want something on my skin forever.

At 16, I don't think you are mature enough to make that decision of forever. Esp. when adults in their 20's & 30's end up regretting it.

• I don't like tattoos at any age. at age 16? I think it's plain stupid. they'll most likely regret them.

• It's stupid.

That being said, me and all my sisters got our first tattoos when we were 16. None of which we regretted.

But yes, I'm still saying we were stupid.

• I think its fn stupid! I wanted tattoos at 16 and now I would never get one.

Me and 2 of my best friends tried giving ourselfs 420 tattoos when I was that age and I'm so glad the ink didn't stay. For 1 I'm not a stoner anymore and 2 I think tattoos, ecspecially on chicks, look pretty trashy.

• I would like a tattoo to represent my deceased father I'm 16 and I very much doubt I would change my mind wheb I get older.

• I'm 16 and I do have a tattoo, I think its fine. As long as you know that its gonna be there forever,

• it depends on the tattoo and the person

• Start off early... I did

• I'm 16 I love tattoos but I would never get one at this age, I think it's too young and you don't know enough about yourself to get something so permenant .

• I think people make mistakes, and they should wait it out. If they still want it in their 20's then go for it.

What Guys Said 6

• I got a sleeve done on my 16th b-day. Its a list of 1000 words that I want the people at my funeraly to describe me as in my Eulogy. So for the rest of my life, I want to act in ways that fit the definitions of the words.

I personally don't support it though, some kids just aren't responsible, or wise enough, they'll just go and get pointless crap permanently printed onto their body.

Such as:

Transformers logos

Spiderman webs

guns

butterflies

swords

faces

money

music notes

crucifixes (which is extremely stupid because the bible specifically says not to mark your body: “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28).)

Those things are just pointless, and in 60-70 years, you'll think to yourself "what an idiot".

If they are mature enough, then by all means, go for it.

• Too young, even 20 is too young...Maybe 30 ? I'm sporting a pair of playboy bunny tattoos on my arms that I'll be wearing for life. Not the greatest decision I've ever made. They are surprisingly easy to get, but afterward you'll truly understand the meaning of permanent.

• it's stupid , that's what I think , they'll already regret 2 years later lol

• I got my first tattoo around that age- but I was drunk and my friend did it.

I don't think it's a good idea- unless there is a deep sentimental meaning associated with it. I regret my tattoo, it's extremely stupid.

• i don't like tattoos on anybody at any age. Even if it's a very attractive girl and she has a tattoo then I will pass her by. How can anybody do that to their body?

• Too young. There's plenty of time left for a tattoo, so why rush?