Do you have a friend who you KNOW is better looking than you?

link

link (i'm on the right)

whenever he and I go partying together, he ALWAYS has chicks hanging all over him JUST because of his looks. I say that because he is a really bizarre guy, no jk. Its funny to me how whenver he and I go partying, I really understand how superficial girls get when they are around him. They all talk to him and ignore everyone else in the room, it's honestly ridiculous.

Girls get jealous of their friends are cuter than they are (dont try to deny that girls). I don't get jelous, I just have the same amount of respect for him and he'll bring the girls (really hot ones) to me too because he's one of my best friends! lol.

It definitely has it's advantages having a good looking friend. It's like I don't have to do half the work of talking to them, because NOW they come to me and my friends.

THE ONLY problem with this is that he attracts some really big sluts that don't want to do with anyone BUT him. Its cool to be around the popular group with the hot girls. But it honestly sucks when they don't pay ANY attention to you, haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looking at your photos, I honestly wouldn't concider your friend, aesthetically more 'blessed' than you, you guys are both good looking young men. However, what I DO see, is that he conducts himself in a completely different manner, his composure is one of confidence; he KNOWS he's hot, thus the sluts THINK he's hot, whereas you seem more modest.

Young women inpaticular, instinctually like men who are 'powerful' or at least act that they are, who can 'protect' them (femenists, if you're going to winge at me, get f***ed). Which is why your friends 'alpha male' act is getting him the sluts.

I've seen guys, much less good looking than you( and you're friend), CONSTANTLY having hot chicks hanging off their arm, because they act confident. When they speak about their hobbies, whether it be Starcraft or W.O.W, the speak about it with confidence, and don't feel apologetic for who they are.

My solution: Be yourself, but be confident. Be loud and proud, and don't let the girls see your self doubt, because as soon as they see any sign of weakness, you've lost them.

Hope that helps, good luck getting 'sluts' in the future.

x

What Girls Said 80

• Yea, I think both my best friends are hotter than me honestly lol:

Here's best buddy 1: link

She's absolutely stunning - Brazilian and English heritage (speaks like 4 languages fluently lol, Portugese is her 1st language.

Every guy was like in love with her lol She had like 8 boyfriends at different times during our sophomore year of high school lol - (she's still a virgin by the way -) Like getting guys was so effortless for her.

Here's best buddy 2: link

Very pretty, has huge boobs lol, big butt all the nice stuff ha ha - she had no problems getting guys either, really cool girl with an awesome personality. Sensual too and flirty.

Here's me :\ : link

I've never had a boyfriend :\ guys just didn't come so easily to me as they did for my other friends - even though I had a lot of dude friends. We always just stayed friends lol.

Things are a little different now - it's not to difficult for me to get guys who are actually interested in me, but I still believe both my bf's are hotter than me ha ha.

I've never been the jealous type, so when we go out I'm not like crying in the bathroom or getting frustrated if all the dudes are gawking over them. It hurts a bit sometimes but I mean - hey what can you do? Be angry about it? So what, it won't change anything. Just have to deal with the cards your dealt. Sure they have tons of guys on them, but most of the dudes turn out to be jerks. If anything, it saves me the trouble of dealing with the long nights of crying, self hate, confusion and such I have to nurse those two through when they pick the wrong types of guys.

Plus I mean, having a partner isn't everything; at this point and time, eh, it's better to focus on what direction I'd like my life to take - not trying to collect a bunch of guys nums in my phone lol

But I love my two best friends to death - wouldn't trade them for the world :D

• Dude I really loved your question. (5 stars)

Let me answer this question perfectly.

Answer to direct question: Yes and No. My opinion about my friends looks differ...most of them think I look better than them or I look around the same attractiveness as them...so it depends on our opinions on each of our looks. I personally find my friend Tiffany with long (to her waist) brown hair and green eyes to be absolutely beautiful...she even has a nice ass too. (no homo, but DAMN) Anyway, she always asked me "girl is my make up right...i think I look a mess..." I always say..."Bitch, you are beautiful...stop talking sh*t." LOL...but that is how we are...I am not jealous of her...but I know she is top notch and obviously more attractive than me...in my opinion.

I talked to a lot of my guy friends who say they either had a crush on her...or would **** her if they had a chance. I won't lie sometimes I feel like low quality against her, but her being an honest and nice person...she always says I am better looking. LOL..we actually argued...I said..."I have brown eyes and black hair...that is so simple...I am not even all that." She would say "STFU, you are the only girl I know with gold brown eyes...that sparkle...and your hair is a shiny black that looks really beautiful on you..." LOL...I would say "yeah ok...that is why most guys don't hit on me." It is OK though...I know there are other reasons...beauty varies on the eye of the beholder. Sometimes I get hit on more than her...sometimes she gets hit on more than me...Honestly, it depends on the dudes.

For the situation bettween you and your friend: I feel like you are very good looking and so is your friend. I won't lie or just try to compliment you because you asked this question and you sort of feel less atracttive towards your friend. Anyway, I will say why both of you guys are attractive to "me"(some girls might find either of you unappealing...some may only you or your friend appealing.) Well, I feel you friend has beautiful features; nice bone structure, pretty eyes, nice lean body, facial hair (which I like), thick eyebrows (I have a weird fetish), olive toned skin (which I like)...and I guess funny personality...from what I say in the pictures. As for you..I couldn't see much from your pictures..they were sort of small...but I looked on your profile to get more of a visual image. I think you look really cute...I like your eyes they look bigger and I couldn't tell if they were blue...but I like blue eyes, I saw you were lean and you had a more relaxed appeal toward your personality...(which I also liked)...nice smile (<3), thick eyebrows...you sort of remind me of this guy... link minus the light blond hair...which is pretty awesome.

So, don't worry about your looks. I feel those type of girls like guys who are out going...and more expressive...something about that appeals to them. You may not be that type of person...

• You may be the type who is more reserved and girls don't seem to notice you...it just depends how you carry yourself. Either way it depends on the type of girls..and how you carry yourself...just know...he isn't better looking than you..he just attracts sexy whores. It is better for you to attract beautiful women than sexy whores.

• even though I didn't ask this question, and wasn't directed towards me, I feel that I've learned A LOT from your statement or story and do things that make me happy :). thx

• i have friends who are prettier than me, definitely. but the only time I get jealous is if a guy I like likes them. I don't care how many guys they get as long as I get someone (which I usually do have someone who likes me lol). by the way you are definitely cuter than your friend in my opinion.

• Honestly, I find you more attractive than your friend. You have a sweetness quality that shines in your eyes and smile and I've always found that attractive. But your friend looks like he'd be arrogant and possibly a jerk, and his nose is kinda fugly lol.

Everybody has different tastes, so even though he might be more attractive to most girls (especially the more immature ones from the way it sounds), there will still be some girls who find you more attractive. Look on the bright side, at least you can weed out the superficial girls by seeing which ones hang all over him just cause they think he's cute ;)

• Yeah. I have a friend like that. She is gorgeous. And I mean, perfect looking. When we walk down the street, I see guys looking our way. I look up and they are always staring at her. I'm invisible, when next to her.

I'm not ugly, rather average. I also lack confidence and I don't dress like her. She doesn't look slutty, but she has this great sense of fashion, that just makes every guy turn to look at her, from head to toe. My clothes are plain and sporty. Unlike her, I always prefer comfortable clothes like sneakers, hoodies, jumpers and high weighst jeans. Not because I'm fat, just because it's comfortable. When I try wearing something "stylish" or "sexy", I act like a kitten who just to it's first collar. I push and pull everything. ^^'

I do get jealous sometimes. But I prevent myself from continuing to feel like that, by remembering that despite all her flaws and her superiority complex, she tries to be a better person, she loves me like a sister and I feel the same. She's been there for me all her life and I can never feel jealous for too long. I'm happy there is a picture of perfect beauty like her in my life.

The truth is, when I'm next to her, I mostly get this feeling of lesser value. I feel as if I'm too ugly and that's why I get no male attention. But then I get asked out by guys, I am flirted with, I look in the mirror and I see I'm not as ugly as I feel next to her. I guess I just remind myself that I will one day find a guy who will look past her and give me a shot. A guy who will like me for having a personality he likes, not just for being the prettiest girl he sees.

Though I am starting to doubt such a guy exists though.

• I think you're sexy :P

• Honestly, why would you want attention from those type of girls in the first place? Just be yourself, and find interest in the girls that do talk to you. This way, you will find a girl that is right for YOU, not for someone more like your friend. You will be much happier with a girl who cares to get to know you, rather than one who just runs to the best looking guy in the room all the time.

• I definitely know what you mean, haha, I'm used to having 'hotter' friends. And I'm not denying my friends are beautiful girls, inside AND out, but they definitely get more male attention. I can't say that it doesn't bother me on occasion, but I'm used to it, and I'm not going to drop some of the best ladies I've managed to KEEP as friends in my life [because they're good friend material], just because guys are more interested in them than they are in me, typically. =P

Your friend doesn't seem THAT great though. I don't think he's any more or less attractive than you, but maybe he clowns around more in public or something lol, that tends to bring a lot of attention.

• i wouldn't say that he's better looking,he just looks like one of those guys off jersey shore so he attracts club rats.

and yeah,i do,i have some pretty hot friends lol

• hahaha club rats is a PERFECT description

• Almost every girl I know (almost lol) is better looking than me. They're prettier with skinny waists. So, of course I notice that when guys want to "hang/chill", they run to hang with them, but when they need help with anything, I'm the first they run to (80 - 90% of the time). So, yes I notice the difference. It makes me feel bad sometimes though (not jealous) .. just hurt, that they only talk to me when they need something just because they know I'll help and because I have my act together. That's changing though (I'm starting to say no to those people! lol finally!), so soon enough that crowd will be gone too and hopefully only my real friends will stay. As for guys noticing me, eh lol when my time comes and I'm ready to settle down, I know for a fact I'll find someone then. Right now, I'm still in college and most of the guys my age aren't mature enough to handle a girl like me yet =)

• P.S.: You're crazy lol he's not better looking. Time to get your eyes checked! ;)

• Woah! You kinda look like that victoria secret model "miranda kerr" if I remember her name right. Google her. oh and I HATE how you have that golden skintone that I would kill for. blah:P

• what? lol I'm not even close to that

• I don't know if I have a friend that is better looking than me because I usually get the guys I am attracted to and my friends and I kind of have different taste in men (very good thing). I do know that one has to be confident to hold there own. When I am around a friend that is more confident than me, it kinda makes me laugh at how she looks for attention but I love all the same. I think if you go out more either by yourself or with people you consider equally or less good looking than you, it will build your confidence more so that when you are out with him you won't act like his side kick. Its the confidence he radiates that is magnetic to women.

• I hear ya, my best friend is pretty much the deffination of well proportioned, can be a bit of a flirt and acts adorable all the time. Anytime we're out, I'm always 'the friend,' relegated to making snarky remarks and a source of info. Its not all bad, as she doesn't blow me off or anything. But I'm defiantly not the center of male attention.

Generally speaking though, I just know more people, so usally I end up wandering off because I'll see someone I know and she doesn't out and go say hi. So it kinda sorta evens out.

• i feel your pain. I'm the exact same way, lol. I guess I should start expanding my "social circle"

• That guy is not really that good looking.

Also, I think my friends and I look a lot different from each other, but we are all pretty in different ways. My friend Lisa is very tall and darker than I am, and she is beautiful. I think she is 5'8/9. I am 5'5, and I have lighter features. I think we are both pretty.

My friend Geraldine is Chinese we don't look a like at all and she is beautiful! I am a white girl! hahahaha =D Also, my cousins are half pakistani, and are beautiful, but I look nothing like them and I am nice looking too. I think, but then again, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

• I have a friend who is blond, skinny, and actually models. She's beautiful. The funny part is guys are all over her, but she's gay XD

But yeah, the girl is like a sister to me and we pretty much grew up together. We're like sisters. And our birthdays are a few days apart so our parents (who are also friends) put our birthdays together all the time.

But yeah, Me: A normal sized girl with dark brown hair next to a super skinny blond who models. Yes, I have a friend who I know is better looking. Do I care? No, I'm beautiful in my own way =)

• Personally, I don't find your friend all that attractive, but that's not the matter at hand.

Yes, I have friends who are better looking than me. In fact, all my friends are better looking than me. I have yet to find any benefit to having better looking friends. Guys always go for them, obviously, and when I was single they never "brought the guys to me", as you phrased it. I was just kind of the odd one out.

• I'm not drop dead gorgeous or anything. I still feel cocky for saying this, but I feel like I'm better than some of my friends in the face department, but my friends have better bodies than me. I'm A-cup and about 75% of my friends have huge boobs/ bigger ass.

• Haha yes I do and I love it. She wasn't very attractive when we were little but is now freaking gorgeous and I think that's really cool, how people can change physically but still act the same way. Plus, she has lots of attractive guy friends and is always willing to hook me up!

• thats a true friend right there

• Well, I kinda understand you. I have a friend who loves the way he looks very much. He always is like " do you like my tummy, do you like my legs, ass" and etc. He's pretty cute guy very confident in his looks and character. But I don't envy him. I know what I have and that is it.

Otherwise, I'm very insecure. I don't like anything about myself and stuff. People often tells me I look very pretty.

There's that kind of people who are just not afraid of showing off themselves.

And the boy you're talking about is that kind. He's kinda bad boy, that's why girls are drawn to him. He's confident and he has self-esteem. People like that kind.

Girls get jealous of their cutter friends.. Well, they could but I've never been jealous of my friends. Maybe some celebrity or actually maybe a friend but if she's very beautiful and achieved something very big and important.

• thanks for your answer. There have been times where I felt like I was the attention at a party and my self confidence was really good, but I still don't get ANY girls really talking to me. Even when I approach them.

• Don't try hard. As a girl I just get bored with this when a guy tries too hard.

• Yes

That's life

I think this is the exact attitude nice guys have, no offense. They complain about not getting attention but they really mean they aren't getting attention from THOSE girls

• well... what happens when EVERY girl is like "those girls"? lol

• No, it's fine that girls like that are your preference. I don't care. I'm simply saying at least you could admit it & not play victim like 95% of the dudes on here do.

• You're right. I hate how some of these posts have guys that seem to want pity and such.

• Oh absolutely I have friends that are better looking, but I don't get jealous about it. They are my friends and I love them. So I accept them for who they are and there is no point to getting jealous, I can't change how I look and there are many people in the world that are better looking than me, so it's just something you have to get used to. It would be really immature if I went around befriending only girls that had the same looks as me.

• of the three of you, I like him the least. personal preference I guess. but I know what you mean, I have a good friend who is gorgeous and it's horrible but I hate going places with her because people only notice her. but anyways, the type of girls who hang all over your friends aren't the ones you want to be with anyways, just look for the ones that aren't all over him

• Honestly, I have a friend who is drop dead gorgeous and I'm the only one of her friends that doesn't hate her for it. That is something is completely out of your control and yeah, sometimes it sucks but a lot of the time, but I bet there are things about YOU that make you one up him. For example, I can play sports and do art and she's not very good at either of those things.

It all depends on values, what the girls value and what you value, that determines how much it'll bother you. But keep in mind, looks aren't everything and if THAT'S what these girls are going for, then why would you even want their attention?

• you have a very strong point. I guess I just don't want to be the only guy who doesn't have an arm around a girl. ya know?

• he is honest not attractive at all. Looks wise I'd rather go for you or the guy on the left. I wouldn't even consider your friend. maybe girls just wanna get into his pants the same way he attracts those girls.

• She's prettier than me she thinks she is super hot and she's really fake and back stabs me all the time...that may or may not be the jealousy talking :P Still I'm not the only one who says it! She's losing all her friends over her personality, and as soon as guys get to know her they drop her. Beautiful though.

• yeah...ofcourse... but I don't mind it... if he got all the attentions I know at times I got jealous about it... but I just don't mind it because I know some are attracted to her but NOT ALL ;)

• Your friend on the far left is better looking

• Yeah, a lot of my friends are stunners. It really doesn't bother me. I don't get jealous of them, because I know what great people they are and all that. I'm not a particularly envious person to begin with, but yeah - it just doesn't get to me.

• My sister is definitely the more beautiful of the two of us, but I'm more social, we're never in competition. I could understand being jealous if she were just a friend, but she's my sister and we get attention for different things.

• He's not that attractive. When you say "he ALWAYS has chicks hanging all over him JUST because of his looks. I say that because he is a really bizarre guy" I don't think that's true. The fact that he is 'bizarre' would probably add to why girls are attracted to them.. he'd make them laugh and would stand out more. I don't think you need to rely on him so much in order to get girls, he's not that good looking, and you're not that bad looking :)

• I'm not that attracted to him. Your friend on the far left is cute though.

Anyway, yes I have friends who are more attractive then me. I live in a sorority house full of girls who are prettier then me, but I get to date their boyfriend's friends who are way cute, and I get to raid their closets. I am perfectly content with my life.

I also find that a lot of the time guys are superficial about looks. I'm fine being average, it means I hopefully have a better personality and am smarter then some of the others. I have to compensate some how, right?

• More from Girls
    50

What Guys Said 38

• Well, not necessarily , but I wouldn't know which among my friends is the most attractive because I don't boast I'm attractive, but they do through how women can't keep their hands off them ,etc. So in my opinion it might be true, I think it can go either way, with my friends.

I probably mentioned this before but my friends came up with a nickname for me called "the wife stealer" I don't know how this stupid rumor began but I'm stuck with it now. They claim I ruin relationships when I walk by or interact with them. I think my best friend is more of the attention grabber out of the group. He does and says some of the funniest sh*t in the world and it gets girls to talk to him. In reality, it all depends on whose the most elusive with their tongue...not sexually only lol.

• You're post has a hint of jealousy hidden in it. You mask it fairly well but some bits still remain.

As for him getting all the girls based purely on his looks is just rubbish. I've got a handful of better looking friends then me and I do better then them all in the ladies department. You can catch the the attention of another purely on your looks but you can't keep it without personality and style.

Charisma gets the ladies. Your looks are just what speeds the process along. It lets you skip the initial wow factor you need otherwise.

• mask it? sir, if you read the question carefully it specifically says I'm not jelous... ha ha check your prescription

• "THE ONLY problem with this is that he attracts some really big sluts that don't want to do with anyone BUT him. Its cool to be around the popular group with the hot girls. But it honestly sucks when they don't pay ANY attention to you, haha."

That and the referral specifically saying you're not jealous.

You're pointing at a big yellow bus and telling me its blue. No worries; we all get jealous of someone at some point. Its human nature to envy what we ourselves don't have.

• yes, I have a friend like that too! I don't consider myself as ugly, but I know that he is prettier than me! for example, now we're in different schools, and he has already attracted some girls! I can't say the same for me. yes, I get jealous sometimes! honestly, there are times that I want to beat him up and see if girls will still hang all over him...! but that's just "sometimes"! we're friends, for God sake!

anyway, don't worry about that! I know how you feel. and in my opinion he's not that better than you! you look great too ;)

• I don't have friends that are better looking than me. I don't mean that in a superficial way. We all have features that make us attractive and features that make us unattractive. I like to focus on mine. I'm not jealous of any of my friends traits wise except for one of my good friends who's 6'4 and another one of my friends who has straight green eyes. That's pretty much it.

• I like it when a set of girls will go after the "hot" guy, because now I know which girls are superficial and who to stay away from.

• A lot of my friends are better looking than me. Sometimes I think it hurts the attention I get, but I'm not with them all the time so I know that it's not completely them. Overall there are always going to be better looking people out there, but luckily not every girl picks just based off of attractiveness.

• although about 95% of them do. lol, at least here anyway.

• I wouldn't say they are better looking than me we are all the same. But they all have pretty good personalitys and are really outgoing, I am shy and reserved so I get overlooked.

• I was in your situation back in high school. It's not just looks, although it's a part of it. It's something in his attitude that brings all the girls in. If you can identify what he's doing right and you're doing wrong you'll be doing well.

• Yeah I do . But where we hang out it looks are just one thing you need. SO it isn't a problem for me. We both get nuff attention from Girls .

But I have been ignored many times in my life and it just sucks.

• I've always observed running with a good crew tends to attract girls on a whole. As long as he is fairly confident and the rest of you guys are too, collectively you guys will do well.

When I went out to the bars and clubs I noticed my chances with girls went up exponentially depending on the people I went with.

• Frankly, I don't have this problem with girls going to one of my homies and ignoring me.

And it's not because of my looks that this doesn't happen often.

This is because of my personality. When I'm in a room, I make my presence known. Not like an obnoxious douchebag, but I will "work myself" into a group's conversation. I shall not be ignored. :)

• Honestly I don't think he's that good looking lol :p

but I have friends who I think are better looking than me yes.

• Yes. Only one. Thank God he's gay.

Don't worry to much about him. He's not that attractive. He may know how to communicate with women better.

• My friend is always on top of everything. Always dressed nice, fresh hair, smells good all that stuff. And he has great looks to begin with. You can totally tell girls (and jealous guys) giving him looks. It's funny to me because he has a girlfriend so it's like nothing will happen, but the other person doesn't know that

• I know exactly how you feel. I used to be the ugly duckling of the group until I got new friends. And to top it off I was the only virgin in the group. And they had all slept with like 6-8 plus : /

• Me and my best friend are equally good looking, he's just less outgoing towards strangers than I am. If he's bringing you girls to have fun with, then I guess just roll with it.

• funny how you refer to the girls that don't want you as sluts.

• i label them as sluts because I know all the stories they bring, buddy. haha

• dude nobody is better then nobody is not like is all the girls thats gonna like him too i use to be the same and it happens sometimes too but im the type that dont mind that too much because that can cause you deprecion and gonna feel down all the time and cause girls pssss come on bro in life is more important about doing what you most like and enjoy instead of minding something that will come alone to you one day just dont pay attention to does kind of things like that and do you bro girls this days only love for moments and then when they see someone that they think is more attractive they change their minds sooo just live your life and wait for that real someone

• Um..I don't really look at him as more attractive but he does get more attention from girls so he must be. I don't mind it.

• All of them, they are all stronger than me as well...yeah I have no advantages over any of my friends in any way.

• Everybody is better looking than me.

• I honestly don't think of my friends like that - I have never thought about them in any competitive contexts.

• I wouldn't say I'm competing with him. I just have an understanding who can be a little better looking than me, nothing more.

• and you're a guy?

• No. I belong to a genderless, shape-shifting alien species who have descended on the earth in search of a key that will act as a gateway to another galaxy.

• I think its his personality that's attracting the chicks.

• quite a few approach him without him saying much at all. maybe confidence? I dunno.

• Yeah, I don't know man. Some people can exude an air of confidence or some other likable/attractive characteristic. They have a certain magnetism. Anyway, I really do know what you mean. Its kind of one of life's mysteries. F***ing irritating if you ask me lol!

• yep.

not hard to do though. but yes.

• I can't say that I do but even if I did, looks aren't everything

• Fool look likes he's got cameltoe on his chin lmao

• why you gotta be like that? he's actually one of my best friends, and there's a few comments I can make about your pic too.

• It's just an observation, calm down! I'm sure you can find lots of flaws in my pic too.

• i am very calm. I just don't like it how people disrespect my friends and don't expect me to say anything. make sense?

• All my friends are better looking than me.

• im one of the more attractive guys in my group of friends but I'm friends with plenty of people that are way more attractive than I am.

• this answer almost makes no sense...

• I think everone has a friend like that.

• yeah a lot of friends

• i thought of how funny it'd be if I marked this as BA. lol

• More from Guys
    8