Wearing a speedo in the pool?

ok, so I'm really into swimming and I swim at least 2-3 times a week. I usually wear a speedo as I find them the most comfortable for swimming in. Recently though I noticed that a lot of people seem to be against them, saying that they look really bad. Do most people think this? I asked a friend about it recently and she couldn't believe that I wear a speedo at the pool, Do they really look that bad? Is it offensive to some people?

( If it has any relevance, I have an athletic build and exercise a lot.)

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what? Don't even worry about it. I swim at the university pool 6 times a week and I see guys wearing speedos all the time. If you exercise a lot and you're in good shape, you probably look good in a speedo so I don't see why you should avoid them. I have to admit I was a bit weirded out the first time I saw my boyfriend in a speedo (he's as good a swimmer as I am, if not better, and he's got a really fit body). Now I actually like seeing him wear one because it shows off his great body :) I don't think I would like to see guys in speedos at the beach though, but at the pool it is perfectly fine (if the speedo suits you, of course).

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 13

• Nooo

• If you're not an olympic swimmer you shouldn't be wearing a speedo

• Whatever you're most comfortable in...but maybe people say that because it's easier for people to make eye contact with you when you're more covered (shorts) and have less of your groin area exposed...lol

• If you're hot flaunt it. Although I will tell you, that my friend was a swimmer in high school and we did make fun of him for his speedo. It was tiger striped; I'm laughing now thinking about it.

When in doubt go with the good old fashioned board shorts, speedos can make some girls a little uncomfortable.

• OK, il make a note not to wear anything tiger striped :-) do they really make some girls uncomfortable though? why? is it a big deal?

• Your d***. It's like flashing a sign saying look here. With board shorts that doesn't really happen.

• Right... il bear that in mind, thanks a mil for the help :-)

• Most people are dumb and will make fun of you. However they are a small part, as Long as your confident in it. It should be np! : )

More from Girls
8

What Guys Said 7

• This are 'rules' in many countries in Europe for what to wear in a pool:

1.nieuwsbladcdn.be/.../zwemkledij_SP.jpg

• I am a swimmer and stopped with the Speedos some time ago. I don't know why, but I guess they just fell out of style for me. I also don't see many wearing them at the pool anymore.

• I swim for training as well, though not as much lately. I went to longer leg triathlon type shorts. I cannot stand swimming 3000m in board shorts. I wear a towel wrapped around my waist and drop it right before jumping in the pool and cover up up as soon as I get out. As for the beach, surfing, general hanging around, guys need to stay with board shorts.

• Just wear board shorts. Its better :)

• its fine while doin sports but if you are tryin to get a girl, just wear shorts over them

More from Guys
2