What is your body type (Guys)?

I was watching a program and they actually had body types for guys. Here is a link to describe what type you might be. link

• Ectomorph
  • Between Ectomorph and Mesomorph
  • Mesomorph
  • Between Mesomorph and Endomorph
  • Endomorph

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm an endo / meso bodytype. Frankly, I will NEVER be thin lol.

I do like my body. I like being large-build. I have lots of power in my hips and because I'm naturally pear-shaped. Useful for lifting things, and doing things like throwing a football, when you're supposed to pivot your hips into your throw to get more throwing power. :)

I see nothing glaringly wrong with my bodytype. Sure, I have to watch my diet more because I gain weight relatively easily. I think of it as less work to maintain overall muscle mass. All I have to do is stay in decent cardio shape and watch what I eat.

Being a hardgainer, as I've seen, isn't all that it's cracked up to be. They have to eat SOOOOOO MUCH to gain and maintain muscle mass. Me...that's a non-factor for me. :)

What Girls Said 11

• My boyfriend is between the first and second. He's super skinny, but super muscular.

• I know this is for guys, but just to put in some female perspective, I like all 3 :O

• This guy I'm talking to right now is in between Mesomorph and Endomorph. My ex was In bewetween Ectomorph and Mesomorph. Is there something describing a womans body?! :D haha

• mesomorph is hot

• My boyfriend is ectomorph! He's really really really skinny!

• my boyfriend is almost pure mesomorph:P

• My boyfriend is almost pure ectomorph.

I like 'em all.

• ahaha it all sounds weird. oh well I'm an ectomorph. I'm a mesomorph! Are you aliens? c:

• I think between ecto and meso I generally find the most attractive...

• This is probably another one of my unpopular opinions

but I love ectomorph

• I like the mesomorph body type.

What Guys Said 33

• Im Very proud of my body. One of the three things I'm most proud of about myself, because, incredibly, and thank fully, I was blessed with a reasonably mesomorph shaped body.

Im not like built like an amateur body builder, but naturally (because I don't exercise out or do any physical activity at all) I have tone within my abdominal - distinctive, though I'm not skinny, not a big built guy but low on fat and defined. Minimal pectoral definition. Distinctive biceps and shoulder broadness and definition. And that V zone as well as that lateral look - even though not so distinctive. As well as reasonable back definition and neck broadness - but you can see collar bone, which is from my shape and lack of fat I assume.

But I'm very proud to have my physic :) ... Even though I'd love to be a lot bigger, and taller.

But embrace your physic :) ... Embrace the things your proud of. I know I am, no matter what hate I get hear for this so called 'big headed' answer lol.

• I always used to get comments from the guys in my year, about me in the changing rooms - and hence when within the changing rooms for pe, or when having to remove our shirts for pe, so...

Im not just talking out of my ass lol.

• I'm a mesomorph in every sense of the word; I can shed weight very easily and can pull build more muscle mass too should I work sufficiently hard enough-I am naturally athletic and built like a wrestler although I am trying not to build up too much lest I lose the lean muscle I need to play football (soccer) with a modicum of speed and finesse.

• I'd say true mesomorph. I gain weight (muscle or chub) extremely quick to a certain point, and then I level out. If I sit on my ass and do nothing all day I will get a gut, but it only takes me 2-3 weeks of working out to get my chest and arms built up.

• Also, same thing with my legs as well. If I don't go for runs or do a lot of walking then my legs turn into skinny little chicken legs (and I look weird because I get bigger on top from not working out). If I do go for regular runs/jogs then my calves get muscular and bigger.

• Don't identify with any of them. I have a tall, thin frame, don't put on muscle easily, but can certainly gain fat easily enough.

• Thanks for the article. Stress is definitely the main culprit. It seems like I have so much time yet every day is hectic, like my life is on the brink of collapse. I found some of the solutions to be very helpful.

• I would say a mesomorph body type for me. I can gain muscle quite easily and enjoy lots of different sports.

• I'm a mesomorph, but apparently its very rare near enough none existant for anyone to be purely one of these body types. Everyone is to some degree a mix between at least two of them

• Im probably 90% or more mesomorph since It takes next to nothing for me to gain muscle and when I don't work out at all for long periods of time I still maintain a natural level of muscular appearence physically.

• I'm three parts ectomorph and one part mesomorph. I'm very lean and I train to build lean muscle. I have a very low body fat percentage (11%is a high estimate), and no matter how many refrigerators I consume, I can't break 159 lbs.

I'm build like the mesomorph in those diagrams. I've seen some freakin' huge mesomorphs, and they'd make that guy look like a spider-monkey.

• Mesomorph. LOL how can we only have 3 body types.. I thought there was gonna be like 10 options. Closest thing is mesomorph LOL

• I am definitely an Ectomorph! My weight hasn't changed by more than 10 pounds for the last 5 years!

• I think I'm an ectomorph

• I'm a true ectomorph. I was really competitive in high school sports but at 5'8'' never weighed over 125 lbs. During college I got so busy that I barely had time to eat, let alone workout. I realized that my sense of style combined with a super slim frame wasn't helping portray my manliness and wasn't attractive to many women, a lot even guessed I was gay without knowing me, even a girl I dated admitted she thought I was gay before we talked based on my cleanliness and petiteness, no lie, pretty sad. Before she had even told me this though I had realized that at 118 lbs and probably 1% body fat I was a shell of myself. I wanted size so I made a commitment to eating as much as possible and lifting heavy. 6 months later I now weigh 130, still 1% bodyfat, I look super ripped after a workout and stay real cut compared to pretty much everybody during the day. I feel so much better now, and can't even fit into a men's small shirt anymore. I get looks from all kinds of people and I get treated like a man. I look forward to adding another 10 pounds and continuing a healthy lifestyle.

• Mesomorph, I have always been well built but never defined until I took to the gym, I was more of a rugby player type than a defined mesomorph.

• Definitely a mesomorph. I'm naturally built, but if I don't work out over a long period of time, I do develop some chub, but the muscle never goes away.

• im about halfway between ecto and meso. the reason I don't say ecto is because I sometimes see guys that are wayyyyyyyy slim and I know I'm not in the same category, but I still have the same "unable to gain weight" qualities

• Between meso and endo. I used to be chubby but a good diet and exercise has made me more meso than endo.

• I'm the one between the first one and second.

I have a hard time gaining weight but my shoulders are not small (broad shoulders) I have large/heavy bones. And well defined/hard muscles :)

• My body-type is stupid, that's all I can say to describe it.

I can gain fat easily but don't have very good potential for muscle mass. It's stupid and unappealing.

• I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself

• Sounds familiar to me. Realisitcally compared to some, I don't gain fat super fast, but I gain fat easily enough, and muscle barely.

I think I'm an ectomorph with average instead of fast metabolism.

• Annoyed me enough I went searching for info on this combination. Most interesting thing I found was link on the topic of 'skinny-fat hardgainers' i.e. guys who put on fat but not muscle. It points to stress as the main culprit, which frankly ... I might buy. Sorting out stress might turn me into pure ecto, at which point I could eat my way to muscle gains.

• A. wish it was closer to B. can't change it though.

• I'm in between mesomorph and endomorph, but more toward the mesomorph side now.

• I am somewhere between an ecto & a meso.

• I'm a B, but probably closer on the ectomorph side.

• Between ecto and meso, I like it, it was ideal for my sport.

• Im a B, its a nice hybrid of eating lots and still being able to gain muscle :p

• Mesomorph although I'd rather be a Ecto. I'd just think skinny guys have less back problems.

• I've more of a "Swimmers" build. The whole Triangle shape thing going on but still not as thin as Michael Felps.

• Dude, mesomorph is ideal for bodybuilding

• Between Endo/Mesomorph...

• Meso and love it!

• D. but more towrads endo

• its always funny to see how many guys think they are meso

• I guess scientifically, right now each should be around the same, except there are no endomorphs and mostly mesomorphs. lol

• yeah exactly lol

• C though being a little more of A would be nice

• i'm ectomorph but I'm starting to do workouts

• More from Guys
    3