Clothing brands for a 19-20 year old college student?

I'm looking for some opinions on clothing brands.. PREFERABLY not Aeropostale, American Eagle, or Hollister... I want a more mature style but still fitting to my age. I feel like those brands are more for high school teenagers, but if you think they're still good choices then by all means still suggest them :) I'm 6'1 180lbs at the moment.. fairly skinny but will be putting on some more muscle over the next several months. If that makes any difference at all?All I care about is not getting too expensive.. no brands like Affliction where t-shirts are $40+Thanks! :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

What Girls Said 16

• H&M, Forever 21 can be good at times, and whenever The Limited and Express have sales, those are great, too! Plus, they have a fairly wide range in size selection. I hope this helps! :)

• H&m

• I don't think people care or pay attention what brand or if your dressed nicely..shop for what you can afford on a budget

• American Eagle is for young adults, their sizing is aimed more for young adults than teens. I work there and whenever people come in used to shopping juniors(aeropostale, hollister, abercrombie) they usually have to size down because our sizes run larger.

• I like Guess, H&M, and Urban Outfitters. I shop mostly sales, or save my money to buy an expensive piece that I'll wear for a long time!

• Express. Billabong, Volcom, Urban Outfitters, and your department stores like Nordstroms, Dillards, JC Penney, etc

• I'd have to recommend asos.com! They're based in the UK, so their brands and products have a chic European vibe to them. Also, if you live in the states, shipping is free. Asos carries some high end designers, but they also have their own line, which is extremely affordable. I can almost guarantee that if you purchase something from asos, you're not going to see another girl wearing it! The dress I'm wearing in my profile picture is actually a dress I ordered from the site, and I got tons of compliments on it (it's a striking cobalt blue in person). I'll be honest with you-- I shop at Saks and Bergdorfs when they have sales (and sometimes when they don't, hehe), but I'm almost always more pleased with my purchases from asos.com. If you're looking for clothes that are of comparable style and quality, asos is definitely your store! Topshop is also a great place to check.Hope this helps!

• I just checked the asos website. I'm in looooovveee! clothes in my style AND size range. I am forever thankful to you <3

• Banana Republic, 7 For All Man Kind has awesome fitting jeans, Ralph Lauren is hot, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Burberry, H&M, Tommy Hilfiger, DKNY, and J. Crew is an awesome store. (:

• Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and some of the things at Macy's. There men's sections are good. Just stay away from the graphic tees. Those are childish

• express is really good

• Go to boutiques where they sell brands that arne't popular and find the things you like.

• I think guys in Urban Outfitters type clothing are hot. I know the store is expensive, I rarely can afford to shop there, but it's a look I like on guys of that age range.

• Old Navy is good for cheap clothes that don't have logos all over them.

• Hmmmmm, I would say American Eagle is still good for your age...early twenties, why not introduce yourself to Banana Republic? Shop online sales through the website, you will get affordable deals...post college, I'd recommend Kenneth Cole...again pricey but online website sales...I've gotten VERY affordable prices. Why not consignment shops? I've picked up some clothing in very good condition. Some things with tags still attached. There are good consignment shops and not so good ones. Try making it a hobby to scout out the good ones :). And besides "brands" aren't all that important are they? Style isn't a brand. I know it sounds radical but in this economy...it's true. I'd recommend the book Afluenza :) just to get you thinking. You'll save money on many things, not just clothing. Hope this helps!

• I love Gap. Its a bit pricey but its good quality clothes that look GOOD on you- you'll look well put together.

• Try going to H&M, Heritage (Part of Forever 21), Urban Outfitters, Express Men, Nordstrom.

• haha sexy, right ? (;

• I lovvvvvvvvvvvve the H&M mens section.

What Guys Said 4

• Underarmour great wear

• you could check this site uniformpoint.comthey have t-shirts, polo shirts and even bags and uniforms. hope you could find something there.

• Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Banana RepublicMight be a bit over your price range, but sales as well as discount stores could help with that

• H&M express topman UNIQLO