Getting rid of me or just waiting?

so I told I guy that I was friends with for a few months that I liked him(I did so online because I couldn't work up the courage to do so in person). he said that he wanted to talk to me in person when break was over. he 'lol'ed and reply "thats not it at all" when I asked if this was his polite way of getting rid of me. this was almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm still on break for a while longer. but I haven't heard from him since then.

does this mean for sure that he isn't interest?

Updates:
i e-mailed asking how is break way howing/ generally being friendly. and he e-mailed back within a few hours, being friendly back. so I wrote a followed up e-mail and he responded within hours again. is this an indicator that he is interested?
ok so, I go back tomorrow. and I haven't talked to this guy since my last update. although I have e-mailed, he didn't respond. and he was online several times and could see that I was online but never IMed me. I'm totally confused? is he just a polite guy
should I give up? or should I call him/ wait for him to call me. if I should call him. how long should I wait after I'm back to contact him.
i have be back for a few days and he never called. he wasn't interested was he.

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Its possible he likes you and is confused about how he feels about you. This is gonna sound silly, but he may also be thinking he hasn't heard from you since and may be worried to approach you. Us guys can be silly about little things and can read too much into things. I would advise that you text him and say "Hey, how you doing? When do you fancy meeting up?". See what his response to that is. If he doesn't response then he may be easing of you. But I'm pretty sure he will reply as he did say to you that he wants to talk to you in person.

1|0
    0|0
    • Should I wait til break is over, or try and contact him now?

• Show All
    • Did you call him to let him know you are back?

• Yes he got back when I did..

What Guys Said 3

• Im really sorry to hear that nothing seems to be happening with this guy. At the end of the day you have done a lot to show you like him and have made efforts to contact him. If he cannot make any effort with you then he isn't worth the hassle. Why should you be down and upset whilst waiting for him? If he had decency he should have contacted you by now and should have said something to make you aware what he is feeling. Personally I advise not to chase this guy, move on and either he makes effort in contacting you or you move onto a better guy. Whatever you do, don't get upset over him, you've done nothing wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cos you've done your approaching bit, its advisable that he now initiates contact with you. He knows how you feel about him, he knows you are online and have made contact with with him, why cannot he contact you as he clearly sees you are online? He's obviously not wanting you to go away (otherwise he would have been on offline mode so you can't see him) I think he may be playing hard work here. Or he may be confused on his feelings about you 2 and not sure what to talk about, therefore going quiet on you. I would honestly say try not to make too much effort as you have done all your bit, sit back like the nice young lady you are and let the guy chase you traditional style!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah its promising. He obviously cares for you but you need to talk to him about his feelings towards you, that was your both clear on where you both stand. But him replying to you in very little time is a good indication that he obviously was thinking about you and was happy to hear from you :)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• He is a guy and is probably being imature about the situation. He maybe a bit scared/shy so that maybe why he trying to joke around a bit. Have you tried to contact him and have general chat since. i.e how are things going etc. It maybe worth trying that and seeing if he responds. If not wait until you get back to college/school/work and talk to him then face to face.

I know it's hard not to worry, but guys act different some times and he may need some time. If its meant to be then things will work them selves out and the best way to deal with it is by talking.

2|0
    0|0
    • If I wait til I get back, should I wait for him to call me or should I call him first? if I should call him, how long after I get back should I wait to call him?

• I think you should call him when you feel like calling him. Don't play games just do it.

• it's hard to tell. I guess you'll have to see when you get off break. He probably thought he answered with the last text and probably doesn't realize that now you are going crazy. :-) Either that or he may be wanting you to go crazy till you see him.

1|0
    0|0
  • he most likely just wants to be friends for whatever reason - either he doesn't want a relationship right now at all or, sadly, he just sees you as a friend. don't contact him and just wait. but not wait like stare at your phone and computer waiting for him but instead do other things. hang out with friends, try to meet other guys, have fun!

[well I just noticed that you wrote this 10 days ago so my advice is probably irrelevant now.]

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it depends on what he said. He could have ignored it completely or just answered in very short answers (enough to get you off his back). It's really hard to tell without knowing all the details. Don't put them here, you have to trust your gut and maybe wait till "break" is over?

0|0
    0|0