Unkempt hair in the gym, is it turn off?

do girls notice a guy's hair in gym..coz my hair always gets messy wen I am working out and looks like crap Because of sweating

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Actually I love man with messy hair, I think its sexy, but That's just me...

If I were you I wouldn't worry... Think about us girls at the gym its much worst, as Most of us have long hair in a pony tail and it gets all messy... At My gym there aren't any young guys besides the trainners there is one that always mock me and say hey brush your hair before you live... My trainer that is a girl actually complain about me and other girls using a bit of make up She says its just me, no Hot guy... But I just cant, I look awfull already all sweaty, red and messy hair If I don't wear any make up I will scare people...

What Girls Said 16

• I don't really care. I'm more put off by guys and girls who are overly done up at the gym. Its like, you are there to work out, not to be in a photoshoot.

• I think it's safe to say that the hair on your head is the last thing a girl is looking at if she's scoping guys at the gym. If she was searching for neat and tidy, she'd try bumping into you at services, at the office, or at the public library.

Breathe in, breathe out, lunge. Breathe in, breathe out...

• No, we don't notice. But what we do notice is more along the lines of... your muscles, what kind of workout are you doing, are you actually working out, etc. Just as much as males are aware of a females physical fitness, so are the females about the males. Your hair has nothing to do with it at the gym.

• Nope, I don't think messy hair in the gym is a turn off. You're in the gym, sweaty. It's not an environment to look pretty in. If anything, it may be kind of cute.

• nahh... I don't mind it... well its part of it, and its obviously that you will be sweating because you're performing an exercise... and I think its normal and nice lol just saying...

• If you are hot and sweaty, we notice you and we ain't thinking "my his hair looks messy" its more like "nice butt, sexy arms, so very hot"

• Nope lol

• no, we won't care, a lot of us girls don't look that cute neither when we're all sweaty and hair is super messy so it's okay xD as long as you don't smell, are cute & show us your gym body xD musclesss

• I think it's absolutely sexy... ;)

• lol no, you're at the gym, who cares.

• no

it doesn't matter.

• it really doesn't matter

• I think its hot. :P If you're not sweaty and everything, somethings wrong! haha. Guys are supposed to get down and dirty, right?

• Seriously, you think your hair looks bad sweaty, imagine how much worse it looks on long female hair!

• No, you're at the gym, it's expected for you to be gross and sweaty.

• lol nope. hair isn't something that would stand out to me

What Guys Said 6

• I just wanted to point out not one girl said it matters. I can derive one of two things from that...

1. Someones lying

2. It's points towards a unified, defining, characteristic trait among female GAG users.

I find this question very interesting because it says so much more then the simple answers girls are giving.

• Most of the girls I know rarely complain about what they see in a gym. Quite the contrary. It's sort of like swimming. Women and men both assume your hair will be a little unkempt. Women seem more interested in the work you're doing in a gym and how fit you are than anything else.

• If a girl wanted me not to sweat whilst lifting, wanted me to look immaculate, appetising whilst lifting, she can jog on. What kind of Q is this?

• I don't think it matters.

• Who cares you're there to work out not to look pretty (I Assume). It's not like one of them is going to muster up the courage to compliment you or ask you out. Stay focused and just work out don't worry about your hair.

• I don't think girls really care about that kind of thing, especially judging from the girls responses on here. However, if you are going to feel self-conscious about it, then just shave it all off. Short half an inch hair or 1/4 an inch hair can never get messed up and you look the same before and after. This way you won't be thinking about it, which in turn will give you a boost of confidence, compared to you worrying about how your hair looks the way it is now. Girls may or may not notice the hair being messed up, and they surely won't care in that environment, but your confidence level will easily be detected by the girls with or without short hair.