Uggs or Uggs type boots...Any girls out there who don't have a pair of Uggs and actually hate Uggs?

I never understood why these Ugly caveman boots became so popular for girls. If someone lives in a cold place where it gets cold in winter than I have no problem with that (as long as you aren't wearing them for fashion). I can understand they are comfortable and warm. But what I do not get is how they became fashionable, and why girls think they are cute. What is cute about them? If anything, they look more like men's boots than women's. What really baffles me is people who wear them down, south and in California, that is inexcusable. What I also don't get is why do girls tuck there pants into them. If you are wearing them don't tuck your pants in it looks terrible. Are there any girls who agree with me? I know almost every guy will.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have any, I hate 'em too. Know what else I hate? Crocs. They can both burn in hell.

• I agree with Crocs also. I actually hate them more than Uggs. Who ever thought to invent plastic shoes with holes in them?

• they do come with fur. they have a Crocs stand at my local mall, and they sell fur Crocs. It's scary. I pray you never see them. They should be called Cruggs lol.

• gah ; . ;

We have a crocs store in Indiana somewhere they sell nothing but crocs x.x , they're mascot is a crocodile

What Girls Said 15

• I never have, and never will wear or like a pair of uggs. They're absolutely ridiculously ugly, they make your feet look three sizes bigger, kind of like two rabbits are trying to eat your feet. Ladies, there are MUCH better options to keep your feet warm in the winter, it's called socks and normal sneakers/boots. I'll stick with converse until the day I die.

• Converse are nice, but I can't wear them because I have a size 13 1/2 4E shoe.

• seriously you should try to wear some , its like the most comfortable shoes ever, and it does keep you warm. I guess the only advantage of those boots is that they are so big that they make you look super skinny. when it comes down to tucking pants in them , well since most of the girls wearing those kind of boots are wearing skinny jeans it would be quite a challenge to not tuck them in don't you think ? anyway, just so you know I didn't like them at first but the feeling you get out of them is just too good to not wear them, plus its like slippers and somehow its cute to be all sleepy and comfy.

• I know I probably would like them if I tried them. They do look comfy and warm, but they are just so ugly. Plus guys can't really wear Uggs.

• I do not own a pair of uggs. I think they're pricey, impractical, need too much maintenance, and are aesthetically unappealing. If I want comfortable and warm, I can get any number of reasonably priced boots with lining...or, you know, pick up the store clerk.

• I have to admit I had no idea what were you talking about before Google helped me...

Now that you pointed it, I had seen such boots before, but I really don't like them. I find it a bit ridiculous, I don't need that kind of boots where I live :)

But the again, fashion isn't logical, and I try to stay away from the whole "follow the fashion" stuff.

So yes, I agree with you on pretty much everything you said :)

• I don't know where you are from, but those are all you see in America.

• I'm from France :) Iprobably saw someone wearing those boots four time, tops ?

• Meeeee.

Dont like them, don't have them and I don't get it why people like it, but some people like crocs and other odd shoes So I guess its a matter of taste.

• Crocs are hiedeous also.

• I have never worn or owned a pair of them uggies before...but they sure look comfy though...oh, but then I live in tropical Malaysia..so we have no need for boots (even if we do, it sure won't be them fluffy types..they'll just get dirty in the mud during the monsoon and rainy seasons :P)

• I don't have any, only ankle length leather boots. But I actually don't think they look that bad on some people. With jeans, I think they can look great. Depends on whos wearing them though.

• I actually hate uggs, but I have a pair because my feet get cold very easily and doubling socks never works. I don't care if there ugly they keep my toes warm, bottom line. \\

I do agree with tucking your pants into them. I wear my pants over them. I think it looks better.

• Thats perfeuctly fine with, me It's the people who try to make a fashion statement with them I can't stand.

• That was a scarry picture lol.

• I own some but I've never contemplated wearing them out in public. I wear them in the house in winter.

• YESSSSS

I hate UGGS, I really don't understand why somewhone would spend 250 euros on a pair of shoes like that. For that amount of money I could buy new converse, a pair of nice leather heels, flats ánd some real ankelboots.

To be honest I think they just wear them because all the 'cool' people do. Well, at least in my country.

• I like UGGS. This whole "I hate Uggs" trend is pretty homosexual & old

Have you ever been to the south? It can get ridiculously cold.

• it's not a trend, some people genuinely hate Uggs...

• I complain about them in real life too.

I live in Canada. Its not that cold, and when it is, you probably need sorel's not uggs.

• loool I only wear them In Winter .

but how do you think if would look if the pants wasn't tucked In ?

and Imagine a girl wearing them with a Paggy pants .. what do you see ? lolol

• If the pants were not tucked in youy would not really see them.

• i hate uggs. I think they're ugly. try converse or proper boots instead

• do you have UGGS the brand? or just boots in general? because you do know that there are thousands of boots out there that look like UGGs but isn't that brand right?

and yes I have a pair and yes I love them

• Yes they do look terrible. I think they look so stupid when they are wore with shorts. Where I live it doesn't get that cold in the winter so they look so silly.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe they like them because they are really comfy. Girls don't get a lot of comfy clothes, cut em some slack :)

• If they wear them for comfort that is fine with me, it's the ones who wear them for fashion, and and wear them down south and in California. That looks dumb.

• I think girls look cute in them personally