When do you think girls should start shaving their legs?

I started in 7th grade but my mom was reluctant to let me. There were girls in my class shaving in 6th grade though. If you had a daughter, when would you introduce her to that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I started in 7th I had my cousin of the same age teach me. I became a cheerleader that year too. I wasn't really hairy, but I still had hair on my legs and I was wearing those skirts. A lot of girls at my school in same grade were already shaving, wearing thongs, and coming to school with cake face makeup. I felt embarrassed/behind so I start shaving.

I agree with everyone else whenever they get hairy.

What Guys Said 2

• My fiance's mom started shaving her legs when she was in kindergarden- as soon as her legs started to grow hair

• I think I'll let my wife decide lol

What Girls Said 9

• I started in 6th grade and I just didn't tell my mother but if I have a daughter when she is 11 I would give her a lesson on how to do all those girlie things like what to do when you have a period, how to shave properly, deal with BO, getting boobs etc.. so then by the time she feels she needs to shave her legs she knows how and will hopefully feel comfortable talking to me about that stuff.

• Whenever she wants to, it's her body. I wouldn't "introduce" her to it, but if she wanted me to show her how, I would. And she'd have to buy her own razors and stuff haha, I'm not paying for it.

• Lol so she has to get a job?

• If she helps out around the house a lot, she might have an allowance.

• Whenever they need to... Except I wouldn't let my daughter shave, I'd have her wax.

• Whenever she wants to. It's not something I consider to be a big deal.

• I started in 5th grade. I think that was a good age?

• When her legs look really hairy! LOL. And I started shaving in 7th grade.

• when I was 12 but I don't know what the median age is

• whenever they were noticeably hairy, and 6th grade if not before.

• My mom let me start and 12 and so I let both my girls start at 12