Belly button piercing?!

How stupid is it to get a belly button piercing done but not professionally? So friend and I were thinking about buying kits and having another one of our friends pierce us (they've done it before). I just don't wanna wait til I'm 18 :P is it a bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of kit? Like a piercing gun? BAD IDEA. Just wait until you're old enough to go to a professional, don't f.uck up your body just because you're impatient. And this is coming from someone with several piercings. If you can't get them done right, DON'T GET THEM AT ALL. Just wait. Even if this 'kit' isn't something with a piercing gun, I wouldn't let some random friend with no piercing experience or knowledge pierce me. I'd much sooner pierce myself because I have a much better idea what I'm doing, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• DO NOT !!! PLEEEEASE... Stop !!! You could regret it for the rest of your lives.

• No idea but belly button piercings are really sexy!

What Girls Said 4

• Doing any piercing yourself or having it done by someone who isn't a professional is always a bad idea. You never know what could go wrong. Just because your friend's done it before doesn't mean they did it right. A professional piercer is educated and KNOWS what they're doing. Just wait it out.

• VERY BAD IDEA. Get professionally done girl. What if it get infected? One of my classmates did and her mom got pissed and pulled it out of her. OUCH! Another girl self-pierced it and got it infected. She said it hurt a lot too :/

• Don't do it unprofessionally. I had a friend who had someone unprofessional to do it and the middle part of the belly button piercing fell off! And she had to get stitches to close up the missing chunk of skin! If you get parent consent, you could get it done earlier. Also it depends where you live, the age limit might be different. Because where I live, the age where you can get piercings done without parent consent is the age of 16 and tattoos at the age of 18. Highly recommend to get it done professionally or you might end up like that girl I know! Good luck! :)

• really really stupid. so many things could go wrong